Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-10-2022, 05:16   #1
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Passport 41
Mariner gas cooker, oven operation

Hi there,

I've recently bought a boat with a (3 burner) Mariner Regal gas cooker and I have some difficulty with the oven: sometimes the pilot flame is extinguished when the gas supply is re established (after being cut off thanks to reaching the desired temp), but I'm wondering if maybe that's because the base plate that covers the oven burner is not properly placed. I'd imagine the plate should cover both the burner and pilot, with its opening facing the front of the oven, but in doing so the pilot usually gets extinguished. With the open part facing the back (and leaving the pilot uncovered), the pilot stays on but then it seems to me the thermostat kicks in too early as the heat is going straight to it.

The following video shows it operating correctly, with the plate not covering the pilot burners.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/32gY5g2C5CptrNxB6

Does anybody have a similar oven and can tell me how they operate the oven?

Thanks in advance!
LifesBetterWhenYoureBeating is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marine, oven