Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Auxiliary Equipment & Dinghy
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-09-2016, 05:42   #1

Boat: Jeanneau SO409
Looking to buy a dinghy with an outboard in Tortola, BVI

Hey guys!

I'm looking to buy a dinghy with an outboard in or around Road Town, Tortola, BVI. Ideally, I would want something similar to what Sunsail/Moorings use... an AB inflatable with a 9.8 Tohatsu.

I'd like something used, if possible, to save on costs. If not possible or not recommended, then I'd go new but probably would have to downgrade on size of dinghy and outboard to save some $$$.

Any thoughts on where I could find one, who's selling them (new and/or used), and pricing? I would like to close the deal by end of October and am willing to pay cash

I would greatly appreciate any and all help!
Cool Hand Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2016, 07:36   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Cheoy Lee, 44 Cutter. Dolce Far Niente
Re: Looking to buy a dinghy with an outboard in Tortola, BVI

Try BVI Bring and Buy on Facebook which is local way to sell used items.
Also Tradewinds the local Yamaha dealer used to have a bunch of used ouboards and dingies.
I have been thinking about selling my dingy as it has been sitting on my davits for almost three years and never been used, then replace it when we eventually leave.
I have a brand new AB Lammina 10AL, never been in the water. It is the last of the painted hulls as they now sell them unpainted. Boat has been under a full cover since new so no wear or fading. Has bow cushion and custom lifting bridle. I will consider selling for what I paid on sale for the boat, which is about 25% less than a new one now as the prices have gone up a lot in three years. If you decide to buy new and are interested I could send you pictures.
We are located in St Maarten so only 80 miles from Tortola.
rourkeh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dinghy, outboard