Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-03-2017, 12:05   #1

Boat: Colvic 40' Ketch
Garmin GSD22 transducer connector

Hi everyone I have a Garmin GPSMAP 4010. I thought I would add a forward looking sonar. I bought a GSD22 and an Arimar P79 Sensor. It came with a lead which has the five pin connector for the P79 at one end and a ten pin at the other. The GSD22 needs a five pin connector.

I contacted Airmar who were very helpful and sent me a wiring diagram saying which lead to connect to which pin at the GSD22 end. I asked Garmin for a description of the plug they used. I received a terse "dunno" in an email.

I ordered a line socket which looked right from our electronic wholesalers, a six pin Amphenol ecomate 6+PE plug. It arrived and was miles too big.

Anyone do better than the Garmin "Dunno" with an idea what the six pin transducer connecter is on on a GSD22. Please?
FionaJC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
garmin