My dinghyleakswater through a floor to tube seam that has come unglued. I have tried cleaning it up and regluing, but it still leaks. I feel it is time to try applying caulk etc. to the inside to try to seal it. Who has tried this, what did you use, did it work/not work?
It is OK if others want to do it different on THEIR boat
I've never had to do something like that but if I were, I'd probably use 3M 5200. It's such a permanent fix for almost anything that you want sealed. Maybe there's something else ? I only use it when I know I have no plans to undo it, know what I mean ?
Ditto. Caulk per se is not likely to hold, because that seam takes a whollop every time the inflated tube hits the water - the floor goes down, the tube goes up, and the seam splits. That's why it split in the first place. Glue the bejabbers out of it, and good luck.
Never let anything mechanical know that you are in a hurry.
I have used "FinalFix" adhesive (sort of grey putty-like stuff in a caulking-gun tube) on a few air (aft pontoon cone) and water leaks (transom/pontoon/floor) on my Zodiac. I have an older Zodiac 310 with the floor-tube joint failed, will try that this winter. The Zodiiac two-part glue is difficult to use as it would take four batches, FinalFix isn't perfect but does hold if the patched area is clean and dry.
5200 did the job for me with similar leak in a hypalon zodiac. I’d do things differently next time now that I know what the stuff is like to work with- super messy slime that takes a couple days to begin to act like glue. I’d also try the fast cure version next time.