Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2011, 09:49   #1
Armchair Bucketeer

Di-Blasi Folding Scooter Goes Electric!

I had been hankering after a petrol version and when down the local boat show at the weekend saw that the local distributor had an electric version on display. Apparently the model is fairly new to the market.

I didn't get a test ride (a bit crowded ) but the thing I really liked about it was that the battery pack (approx 12 kilos) easily unclips (for anti-theft and recharging) which drops the weight of the bike down to only approx 25 kilos.

I could lift the bike at arms length (probably couldn't have walked far though ) and once folded up a one handed lift would be no problem......so manhandling aboard / down below should be no problem for the less than averagely fit I had already discounted putting the petrol version into the dink (9' Avon) - but this would be very doable.

Electric Folding Scooter DI BLASI Mod. R70:

Just thought I would share..........
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:10   #2
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: Di-Blasi Folding Scooter Goes Electric!

Awesome!
SaucySailoress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2012, 04:43   #3

David my name is jason. Just wanted to know if you purchased the diblasi r70 scooter. I have 4 of them but can not find a dealer in the states nor can i find a charger. Do you know of a good website i can use to buy a few chargers?
Entourage jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2012, 05:14   #4
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entourage jason View Post
David my name is jason. Just wanted to know if you purchased the diblasi r70 scooter. I have 4 of them but can not find a dealer in the states nor can i find a charger. Do you know of a good website i can use to buy a few chargers?
Errr....still on my wish / to do list I am afraid .

I would guess the UK dealer would sell you one? or at least put you in touch with the US dealer (if they still have one - I see their website is down ).

FOLDING MOTORBIKES Inc.
2976-D Ask Kay Drive
SMRYNA, GA 30080

tel:404-867-6789
fax:770-431-2971
web:www.foldingmotorbike.com
email:diblasifoldingmotorbike@gmail.com
Old 16-12-2012, 06:46   #5
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Jason.

Di Blasi of America Inc.
2633 Lantana Road, #19
Building 207
Lantana, FL 33462
Voice: 561-963-1189
Email: mail@diblasi.com
Web ➥ http://www.diblasi.com/home.htm

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2012, 02:16   #6

Boat: TBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
I had been hankering after a petrol version and when down the local boat show at the weekend saw that the local distributor had an electric version on display. Apparently the model is fairly new to the market.

I didn't get a test ride (a bit crowded ) but the thing I really liked about it was that the battery pack (approx 12 kilos) easily unclips (for anti-theft and recharging) which drops the weight of the bike down to only approx 25 kilos.

I could lift the bike at arms length (probably couldn't have walked far though ) and once folded up a one handed lift would be no problem......so manhandling aboard / down below should be no problem for the less than averagely fit I had already discounted putting the petrol version into the dink (9' Avon) - but this would be very doable.

, i have the petrol

Electric Folding Scooter DI BLASI Mod. R70:

Just thought I would share..........
Hi David, i have the petrol model, they weigh 29KG with a full tank of fuel, i dont quite understand your reluctance to carry one in your dinghy,they are /were designed to carry on a light aircraft in the cabin with you and have a very good non-spillable/leakage fuel system,i discounted the electric version because of distances i wanted to travel on my bikes. i really like mine and carry it often in my car and boat, not on a plane yet,but soon hopefully.

The electric version i felt had more headaches than i wanted but for short trips on flat ground (5-10k)they would be ok. if you haven't tried them do so before you make a decision, you may be suprised.

i can invert my bikes witout any fuel loss/spillage and the rest is a simple 2 stroke and i travel around 200 klm on 3.2l of fuel on flat ground and around 125 on hilly ground

Allan
aclmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2012, 02:56   #7
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aclmck View Post
i dont quite understand your reluctance to carry one in your dinghy
Cheers for the feedback on your use .

I am of course having to guess on what would work for me - and therefore I may well be wrong . Just seems more practical for the weight of the bike to be split when manhandling in and out of a small dink - accepting that likely the petrol version is still doable.

Having said that, I won't rule out a petrol version and indeed if a deal on one came up then I would likely take a punt - but nonetheless I do simply like the idea of electric. Plus the range is not important (I am on an island 9 x 5 in miles! and even abroad use would be limited to extended shopping trips - although am fairly slim / agile methinks 100 mile range might be pushing my comfort zone anyway!). Plus as a commuter bike with electric the bike could more easily be parked in an office as won't smell of petrol (plus "free" fuel ).

Mmmmmm, I wish I could get some stuff off my wishlist .
Old 17-12-2012, 03:46   #8

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Helsinki (Summer); Cruising the Baltic Sea this year!
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

This kind of yanks the thread off topic, for which I apologize, but as a reality check I would like to say that I really prefer this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	5911081550_7b96364f89.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	51332

Surely anyone in reasonable physical condition can cycle as far the range of an electric scooter, and it is healthier and more pleasant, and cheaper. And the equipment needed weighs less than half and costs no more (for a really good bike).

And anyone not in reasonable physical condition might like to use the opportunity to improve?

I have hankered for motor-driven land transportation, but it would need to be something which would carry me much further and much faster and carry much heavier loads, to be worth switching from a bicycle. IMHO of course. But I have never seen any motor-driven conveyence which fulfills those requirements which could be conceivably stored on board. I have enough trouble storing two bicycles!
Dockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2012, 03:53   #9
Armchair Bucketeer

I iz lazy!

and besides, although a Di-blasi does not have the load carrying capacity of a Scooter (12 kids and a piano!) - nonetheless IME one is pretty much limited only by imagination when it comes to loading a motorised 2 wheeler (and in the case of something like a Di-blasi "you" are the load carrying rack! - and not just with a backpack).
Old 06-01-2013, 17:08   #10

Boat: Bristol Sailstar 24

I am tired of walking to and from the nearest Piggily Wiggly, laundromat and so on -but the folding bike market remains in Marketing Purgatory. Rust, electrolysis, criminally overpriced products and clumsy designs reign. A new Citizenbike priced at 200. or a pig-in-a-poke from Craig's List seem to be America's best deals.

Europe provides new ideas and may be found here - http://cycling into the future: 15 crazy concept bicycles. In particular, the Locust 2 and 3 are stunning in their simplicity, design and marine functionality. If only we could buy one in the US . . .
Skip20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 19:03   #11

Boat: Now we need to get her to Louisiana !! she's ours

Ya might try looking elsewhere then marine stores for your folding bikes!! like look at campingworld.com they have sales all the time on folding bikes for way less then any sale ive ever seen in any marine store ! not pushing this place but we have gotten many useable things for the galley and such from them for way less money the the popular marine stores Just a thought
Old 07-01-2013, 03:35   #12
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip20 View Post
I am tired of walking to and from the nearest Piggily Wiggly, laundromat and so on -but the folding bike market remains in Marketing Purgatory. Rust, electrolysis, criminally overpriced products and clumsy designs reign. A new Citizenbike priced at 200. or a pig-in-a-poke from Craig's List seem to be America's best deals.

Europe provides new ideas and may be found here - http://cycling into the future: 15 crazy concept bicycles. In particular, the Locust 2 and 3 are stunning in their simplicity, design and marine functionality. If only we could buy one in the US . . .
For folding bikes this thread may be more useful than this one

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...les-87569.html