Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-10-2018, 09:35   #1

Boat: hunter 376
Cockpit enclosure

Needing to replace our cockpit enclosure, and looking for recommendations for the Vancouver area. We had LaFabrica out to the boat, recommended by several friends. The problem is our dodger is very tall, the same hight as the bimini, so they insist that they drop the dodger height so the connecting part (the piece which bridges the dodger to the bimini) is sloped and will shed water. The old piece did indeed pool water, and sag, but we figured it was just old and worn. The downside is, any reduction in the dodger height will make it harder to get through the companionway without ducking and we would rather keep the height. Increasing the general height of the rest of the enclosure is not an option. I realise this just comes down to our choice, but does anyone have any previous experience with the dodger, bimini, and connecting canvas all being about the same height. LaFabrica is a pretty reputable and I'm not wishing to ignore the advice, but once we go ahead, we'll be stuck with whatever we decide.
shorebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2018, 10:21   #2

Boat: Wauquiez Centurion 49
Re: Cockpit enclosure

Iversons Design is the best. Prepare for a year wait.
CAELESTIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2018, 12:52   #3

Boat: Hunter 386

Raise the bimini? Looking online there are lots of pics where the bimini on a 376 is higher than the dodger. Our 386 has the arch so I realize its different but there is a height difference of about 3 inches and we have no problem with the dodger.

But ya, La Fabrica or Iversons seem to be the ultimate in enclosure design in the PNW.
Old 28-10-2018, 13:23   #4

Boat: 1998 Hunter 410 (now), 1981 Bayfield 32c (old)

Take the Lafabrica advice. I used another company because Lafabrica had a massive wait list as they service all the brokerages in the Vancouver area. While I got a very nice dodger/bimini, I've never seen nicer work locally then by those guys. There's a reason all the new yacht brokerages use them.
VanIslandGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cockpit, enc