Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-07-2017, 15:33   #1

2000 Sea Ray 240 Sundancer Help

Hi,
Just bought my first cruiser for my wife and I and we are loving it. It is a 2000 Sea Ray 240 Sundancer. I have had some struggles and made some mistakes but overall it is going great. I can not figure one item out. The boat was very well maintained and it great shape. However, with the boat was a black pad that goes on the bow of the boat. It has a hole in the middle for the deck hatch. It fits perfect right around it. I am unsure what this is for and if it is an aftermarket item. I believe it might be to go up there and relax but it is black and gets super hot? It will also blow off if you are driving. Maybe you put it there while storing or driving with the cover on? One person said there might be a cover you can snap into place that is vinyl which would be awesome and be able to drive around with that on without it blowing off. Then go up there and relax. Anyone have any idea. If not just going to toss it since it is rather large.
TNJOverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 05:04   #2

Boat: Prairie 36 Coastal Cruiser
Re: 2000 Sea Ray 240 Sundancer Help

Sounds like a sun pad, as you suggest. Black would be a stupid color, but I've seen them. Does black match the color scheme of the boat by any chance?

To be perfectly frank, the SeaRay brand has somewhat of a reputation for owners who are more into "flash" and aesthetics than practicality. That's not to dis the brand, they're good boats. Just that because it's a little more stylish, it's more popular with buyers who care about that sort of thing.
CaptTom is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
sea ray