Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2022, 07:12   #1

Standing rigging

I need to replace the standing rigging on a 38 foot ketch. The yacht is located near Gainesville Florida. Does anyone have a suggestion for a trustworthy rigger?
CapnElan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2022, 07:39   #2

Re: Standing rigging

I have the same question, I need to replace/create the standing rigging for a Irwin 10/4. I'd like to know how or who does it and what I should expect to pay. I would love to hear if you found a rigging shop.
billg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2022, 07:47   #3

I’m 3 years out 2017. I’ve read up on fibre just for interest. Stainless is a touch cheaper est $3,500.00 for my boat 54’ mast.
I witnessed a boat loose it’s forerigging. Was ugly but no one hurt. The replacement rigging will cost more than the boats worth. Considering the damage to the boat it’s heading for the free boat yard.
Rumrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2022, 07:59   #4

We have to take our masts off every winter. Itís pretty easy to order rigging for your boat. Iíd guess around 3K. Then call one of Floridaís riggers cause some seem very mobile. We have a handful of pretenders here and a couple clever tuners.
A local broker likely knows. I think where people get big bills is they leave everything up to the rigger. Here they are called to tune up the rigging new or used.
Rumrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2022, 03:35   #5

Gainesville is close to the middle of the state. Are you on the east coast, west coast, a lake, or the hard?
ItDepends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:39   #6

I live in Gainesville. The boat is moored in St. Augustine. This weekend, I have plans to install an outboard and motor her around to Green Cove Springs. Hopefully have her hauled out and begin work in the next month or two.
billg13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rigging