Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-07-2022, 07:55   #1

Boat: Beneteau 423
Shout out to Walden Rigging in Annapolis

I would like to thank Suzanne and Dobbs Fryberger of Walden Rigging for helping me out with a boomvang problem. We had met Suzanne and Dobbs in Florida on our way south last winter and learned that they had a rigging business in Annapolis.

On our trip back to the US from The Bahamas I noticed the rivets holding our boomvang in place were about to fail. I used some Dyneema to hold things together until we got to our first landfall in the US.

Looking at my options of replacing the rivets or drilling and then tapping a larger hold for a threaded screw I wasn't super comfortable either way and wanted some more experienced input. I then remembered Suzanne and Dobbs so gave them a call to see what they suggested. Dobbs talked me through the pros and cons based on a couple of pictures and my description of the problem. With his input, I decided the rivets made the most sense for where we were today and I could assess other options after I haul out for the winter.

So, if you are in the Annapolis area looking for rigging help I heartily recommend giving Suzanne and Dobbs a call.

Harry
s/v Juno
hlev00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annapolis, rigging