Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2017, 06:55   #1

Boat: Oyster 37
Rewiring mast, remove heel/sole or not?

Hi All
I have 1980 keel stepped Selden mast 17m long which is down at the moment. I want to rewire cables add spreader lights and change VHF cable etc etc etc, while its down.
Is it ok to remove a mast heel/sole to give me better access to the conduit. or will I have to break through an internal seal slightly up the mast to get access. I think there are about 4 screws but don't want to force it off and possibly chew all the plastic. The old cables come through independent holes slightly up from the base.
I have read all the for's and against using certain types of chocks at the deck, when my mast was removed there was only a few small wooden ones being used and would like to try and locate some rubber type chocks here in the UK so if anyone knows of a supplier. please advise.
thanks.
Michael
Stag71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mast, wiring