Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Deck hardware: Rigging, Sails & Hoisting
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-05-2021, 14:31   #136

Boat: Columbia 50, Full Cutter rigged
Re: Dyneema Standing Rigging a 50' Sloop, Questions for those who have made the swap

Hello Ciro !
And welcome to the fleet of fellow Columbia 50 owners !
The SV Magnolia is a Full Cutter rig and we will be replacing all her standing rigging using Dyneema.
I replace her lifelines using Amsteel Blue last Summer, ad am loving it !
Can you please elaborate on your concerns around the "Size vs. Stretch characteristics"?
Where is myself have not yet converted standing to Dyneema, I do know sone folks who have done so on their 45 Morgan, and they have not once needed to make advanced adjustments further than for the initial "Creeping" I heard him say just the other day that he had literally made no adjustments in over 3 years and has had zero problems. Sounds kinda off I know but this guy is a very well known rigger and I trust him highly. So second hand knowledge I know.... Anywhoseits... I wouldn't mind staying in touch with you via any means. Have you yet hooked up with Kevin on the Columbia 50 owners association network?
Cheers and congratulations !
Day w/ SV Magnolia
SV Magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dyneema, rigging, sloop