Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-04-2018, 10:55   #1

Boat: Fountaine-Pajot Belize 43
Connecting screws for Facnor roller furler foil

This is such an elementary question that I am almost embarrassed to ask, but I am about to replace the forestay on my Fountaine-Pajot Belize 43, Always & All Ways. I know that there is no way I can get all the screws that hold the foil together (4/section) without ruining some so I want to have plenty of extras on hand. The problem is the lowest screws are higher than I can reach with the furler installed. So my question is: what size are the screws holding the foil sections together? I assume they are metric. I can see that they are flat head. Mine are Phillips, but I know the replacements are Torx. (The Facnor brochure gives great pictures and all kinds of description - everything except the bloody SIZE of the screws!)
If anyone out there has changed their forestay, I'm sure you ended up replacing a few screws. Do you remember what size they are? Alternatively, is there a dealer who will sell the Facnor screws? (I'm sure a hardware store would have them if I knew the size, but even from a Marine Dealer they can't be that exorbitant.)
Thanks for any help!
dmtparkerLcsk53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, furler, oil, roller furler