Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-10-2023, 14:40   #661

Boat: C&C 27 Mk III
Re: Chotuís Advanced Standing Rigging Thread (lots of pics)

Not trying to besmirch you but lots of sites have things for sale that arenít in inventory
Old 08-10-2023, 15:02   #662

Boat: 50ft Custom Fast Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA-None View Post
Not trying to besmirch you but lots of sites have things for sale that arenít in inventory

Hopefully they donít. That would be a terribly bad business model. Show a catalog of everything you have for sale but donít list all your inventory? Lol

Itís OK though. Iíd rather give my business to somebody local. And by local I mean local to the forum, if not local to me geographically. Iíll get it from The Yacht Rigger.
Chotu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 20:02   #663

Boat: C&C 27 Mk III

Iím sure heís fine just pointing it out
Old 09-10-2023, 11:01   #664

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yacht Rigger View Post
Have you been to our website? Haha. We sell internationally, from individual rigging parts, to watermakers, complete rerigs, electrical and electronics packages, solar panels, lithium batteries, air conditioners, alternator regulators, etc etc etc. www.theyachtrigger.com

All good. I guess I we need to work on our advertizing/messaging.
System says I have 27 of those toggles in stock. Just send me an email, or better yet, email "orders@theyachtrigger.com and they will process it. Part 250016, page 48 in the catalog here: https://theyachtrigger.com/wp-conten..._catalogue.pdf
Whoops. All good. I think your reputation as a rigger rather than a source for parts is stronger. That’s just my perception as someone out here in the market. I hadn’t been to your website to look at purchasing parts. Or I hadn’t clicked through to the purchasing part of your website.

Now I know. All of my parts sourcing will start with you now. I’ll see what you have and then I’ll look elsewhere after if you don’t have it.

Contacting now with the order
Old 09-10-2023, 14:59   #665

Community Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotu View Post
Whoops. All good. I think your reputation as a rigger rather than a source for parts is stronger. Thatís just my perception as someone out here in the market. I hadnít been to your website to look at purchasing parts. Or I hadnít clicked through to the purchasing part of your website.

Now I know. All of my parts sourcing will start with you now. Iíll see what you have and then Iíll look elsewhere after if you donít have it.

Contacting now with the order
Haha... no stress.
Honestly even if it's not on our site we can probably get it next day. We get 2-3 deliveries in every day.
The Yacht Rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 15:01   #666

Community Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA-None View Post
We try very hard to have everything available.
Old 09-10-2023, 15:26   #667

Quote:
Haha... no stress.
Honestly even if it's not on our site we can probably get it next day. We get 2-3 deliveries in every day.
So here is some input. Input you can take to the bank. Ha ha

If you want to sell more product, your website should look like a store on the front as well as a service. Or maybe you break them into two different twin businesses that run together.

The reason I didn’t know you sold all that stuff is because it’s not there on the front page. People need to see everything you do right there on the front. On the very first screen without even scrolling. There should be like a cart where they can see that they could buy a couple things.

Just take a corner and populate it with some super popular items that you know people will be drooling over, and put a little cart up there next to it. That way they will know they can buy things like that from you.

When they click the cart or the product it just takes them over to the e-commerce site.

then you can keep the other real estate on the site for the services which I guess is your main business. It’s what you’re most well known for anyway.

Or, if it’s too crowded just spin it off into two different things.

“The Yacht Rigger “ and “Yacht Rigger’s Chandlery” or something.

Hope that helps
Old 09-10-2023, 15:36   #668

Community Sponsor

Quote:
So here is some input. Input you can take to the bank. Ha ha

If you want to sell more product, your website should look like a store on the front as well as a service. Or maybe you break them into two different twin businesses that run together.

The reason I didnít know you sold all that stuff is because itís not there on the front page. People need to see everything you do right there on the front. On the very first screen without even scrolling. There should be like a cart where they can see that they could buy a couple things.

Just take a corner and populate it with some super popular items that you know people will be drooling over, and put a little cart up there next to it. That way they will know they can buy things like that from you.

When they click the cart or the product it just takes them over to the e-commerce site.

then you can keep the other real estate on the site for the services which I guess is your main business. Itís what youíre most well known for anyway.

Or, if itís too crowded just spin it off into two different things.

ďThe Yacht Rigger ď and ďYacht Riggerís ChandleryĒ or something.

Hope that helps
Hey thanks, I really appreciate the feedback and advice.
It's timely in a way, we are actually at the end of an almost 9 month transition to a brand new website that will be far superior in terms of being a webstore - it's all going to convert over to Shopify, so will look like a real webstore.
Working on some final details, hoping to go live in December.
Old 09-10-2023, 18:53   #669

Boat: Tartan 40

Quote:
Hey thanks, I really appreciate the feedback and advice.

It's timely in a way, we are actually at the end of an almost 9 month transition to a brand new website that will be far superior in terms of being a webstore - it's all going to convert over to Shopify, so will look like a real webstore.

Working on some final details, hoping to go live in December.

Thatís great to hear. Not sure how I found you guys initially to buy my rainman watermaker but it sure was easy and quick to get through you, not to mention the easy support and great customer service
malbert73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 06:15   #670

One more thing about the yacht Rigger‘s business.

I don’t know where he found his employees but wow. He got lucky. They seem really nice. They are right on top of things. Good job on hiring
Old 10-10-2023, 08:18   #671

Community Sponsor

Thanks guys, that's really awesome to hear. We really do try to create an environment that attracts good people, in both the office and field teams. So far it seems to be working. Not without hiccups, and mistakes sometimes happen, but we ALWAYS make it right and that part seems to go a LONG way.
Now if only we could keep up with estimates... that's the biggest struggle. Estimating on huge custom projects.
Old 10-10-2023, 08:38   #672

Community Sponsor

Quote:
One more thing about the yacht RiggerĎs business.

I donít know where he found his employees but wow. He got lucky. They seem really nice. They are right on top of things. Good job on hiring
Speaking of employees, did you end up placing the order for the toggle with the orders team?
This week has been crazy with the boat show prep so wanted to make sure that didn't get missed.
Old 10-10-2023, 09:24   #673

Quote:
Speaking of employees, did you end up placing the order for the toggle with the orders team?
This week has been crazy with the boat show prep so wanted to make sure that didn't get missed.

Yes. Courtney processed that yesterday. Doesn’t appear to be shipped on UPS yet but the label was created
Old 10-10-2023, 09:27   #674

Community Sponsor

Quote:
Yes. Courtney processed that yesterday. Doesnít appear to be shipped on UPS yet but the label was created
Ok great, maybe she missed the afternoon pickup, should go out today for sure then.
Old 10-10-2023, 09:32   #675

Quote:
Ok great, maybe she missed the afternoon pickup, should go out today for sure then.

And now it all doesnít matter anyway. I knew this was going to happen. The place I am at doesnít give you any idea of whatís going on.

Moments ago they sprung it on me that the crane is coming tomorrow. Great. I donít have the right connections for the lowers. That means Iím going to have to have someone go aloft and switch those out later. Ugh.

Tags
rigging