Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2018, 21:03   #1

CDI furler cup installed incorrectly

Cup has been installed so it is impossible to furl using the furling line. Cup needs to be rotated up to 180 degrees Can the rotation strap screws be undone, screws taken out, cup rotated and screws replaced without causing more problems than it solves?
Margareto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2018, 08:17   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: CDI furler cup installed incorrectly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margareto View Post
Cup has been installed so it is impossible to furl using the furling line. Cup needs to be rotated up to 180 degrees Can the rotation strap screws be undone, screws taken out, cup rotated and screws replaced without causing more problems than it solves?
Yes, you can do this but will need to line up the holes in the bearing with the cup holes and the anti-rotation strap. Doing this with your forestay up is possible but will be difficult.

Please call us if you need more assistance, 800-479-2407
joelGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2018, 12:56   #3

Thanks +++ JoelCDI for confirming that.
We went ahead and did it with the forestay up and yes it worked!
Margareto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2018, 08:15   #4

Boat: 1985 Catalina 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelCDI View Post
Yes, you can do this but will need to line up the holes in the bearing with the cup holes and the anti-rotation strap. Doing this with your forestay up is possible but will be difficult.

Please call us if you need more assistance, 800-479-2407
Hi, Reading and reading the CDI FF6 owners manual... I'm going to take down the genoa for the first time........ I think I can do it alone.
Could you please describe the operation as an extra explanation of the procedure? Thanks
ferrailleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2018, 07:47   #5
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrailleur View Post
Hi, Reading and reading the CDI FF6 owners manual... I'm going to take down the genoa for the first time........ I think I can do it alone.
Could you please describe the operation as an extra explanation of the procedure? Thanks
Hi Ferraileur, I'm not sure if you've completed lowering your genoa yet or not but it's very simple to do. You need to attach a messenger line to the spliced line on your halyard, it can be any kind of line that you have around and approximately the length of your forestay. You would then loosen the tension on the halyard and manually pull down the sail, sliding it down the extrusion.
You should be able to do this alone but having more hands on deck is never a bad thing! Thanks for the question.
joelGR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cdi, furler