Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2020, 07:54   #1

Boat: Contessa 32
C25 shroud seal

It is recommended that the cover where the chain plate goes through the deck be resealed every year or two. It’s not currently leaking but I don’t know the last time it was done and would like to reseal it. It looks like the SS cover can be unscrewed and lifted enough to reseal. One question is what sealer do I use.

The next question is the shrouds (2 of them) that attach at the standoff has a lot less room to work. They are attached to backing plates on the bottom of the deck. Should I be concerned about pulling the pin to get at the plate screwed to the deck?

The third question concerns the stanchions. I would also like to reseal those while I’m doing the other work. What do I use there? I’ve heard about butyl tape used to seal fittings and stuff. Is this appropriate here or is there something better.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Tom
n5ama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shroud