Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-08-2012, 02:40   #1

Boat: Gib' Sea 352
Amiot / Goiot Traveller Control End

Hi,

Does anyone know of a supplier of Goiot/Amiot parts. I need a replacement cam cleat for one of my mainsheet traveller control ends.

I have tried rigrite their website shows the part i need but they have been incommunicado... I can't get through to them. It seems that the only way to talk to rigrite is via fax. I have sent them several requests but am not getting any replies. Does anyone know if they are still in business ?

Or alternatively another source or Amiot/Goiot parts.

Regards

Patrick
pgenovese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 04:02   #2

Re: Amiot / Goiot Traveller Control End

you might try contacting goiot themselves: Goïot, deck equipment for sail and motor boat

Older parts might be a little tricky ... they have been taken over / absorbed into Navimo.
jannw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 05:23   #3

Boat: Outbound 44

Home
Old 20-08-2012, 05:42   #4

Boat: Beneteau First 42

Check out (just click on) Rig-Rite

FWIW...
"It is not so much for its beauty that the Sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."
svHyLyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 09:45   #5
Marine Service Provider

Patrick,

We've ordered Goiot parts in the past from Navimo but I don't know if they sell to the general public or just to the industry. On our own boat we ditched the Goiot traveler (almost literally, funny story) and installed a Harken Big Boat system. As the Goiot was quite securely mounted, we drilled and tapped the Goiot track and installed the Harken low beam track right on top. I can send you some pics if you're interested.
islandplanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 14:52   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by svHyLyte View Post
Check out (just click on) Rig-Rite

FWIW...
As mentioned in my original post rigrite are proving to be close to impossible to do business with I sent them 4 requests by fax countless e-mails and even left messages on their voicemail system and got absolutely nothing back.

I am starting to doubt if they are still in business or if they are interested in doing any business at all.
Old 20-08-2012, 14:59   #7

Hi Islandplanet,

In my case my only problem is a worn cam cleat... I would like to avoid going through the expense and hassle of replacing the whole traveller system just because of a cam cleat.

Having said that I would be interested to see the pics of you you retrofitted the Harken system.

I have one further complication on my boat the I32 track is radiused so fitting a straight track would be quite complicated.

If only rigrite would answer their e-mails / faxes their site lists the exact part I need.

I am also trying to contact Goiot directly hopefully they might be able to help.
Old 20-08-2012, 15:00   #8

Has anyone had any success contacting RigRite ?

Regards
Patrick
Old 20-08-2012, 15:19   #9
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgenovese View Post
Hi Islandplanet,

In my case my only problem is a worn cam cleat... I would like to avoid going through the expense and hassle of replacing the whole traveller system just because of a cam cleat.

Having said that I would be interested to see the pics of you you retrofitted the Harken system.

I have one further complication on my boat the I32 track is radiused so fitting a straight track would be quite complicated.

If only rigrite would answer their e-mails / faxes their site lists the exact part I need.

I am also trying to contact Goiot directly hopefully they might be able to help.
My rationale for switching was that while I might have been able to get by for a while with the old Goiot hardware, it was just a matter of time before it was ready for the scrap heap.

Here's a picture we took shortly after we got the last fastener in place. We're happy we made the upgrade. http://islandplanetsails.com/images/trav.jpg
islandplanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 20:04   #10

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 370 (36 ft)
Had the same issue on my Bene 370. Amiot traveller and the cam cleats were worn out on one cleat on each side. So I just swapped the port side cam cleat with the starboard side and it should last the season. I did find the manufacturer for the cam cleats. Servo Cam Cleats. The model number is 22/37 for the Amoit traveller. You can order them here:

http://www.apsltd.com/c-319-servo-ho...cessories.aspx

I havent done it yet but will order a set this week.
islandrunner70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 14:30   #11

Hello islandrunner70,

Many thanks for the tip, Just what I needed.

Regards
Patrick

Tags
Goiot