The water heater
on the 2000 380DA (and adjacent model years) is located under the mid stateroom sofa / bed
, under the Shrock Mfg., Inc
notorized power recline frame.
is designed w/ a wide / short hinged door to permit
limited access w/o any disassembly.
The access to the water heater
is not obvious, but these steps and images
show the process for access.
These are the steps to access the water heater:
- Move the bed / sofa forward, w/o reclining the back rest.
- Reach behind the back rest and remove the four bolts and backing plates.
- Remove the back rest.
- There are two Phillips oval head screws w/ countersunk finishing cup washers under the front carpeted platform lip, remove those screws.
- There are two Phillips oval head screws w/ countersunk finishing cup washers under the rear platform, not visible, remove those screws.
- Remove the bottom cushion.
The water heater is now exposed for limited access. If the service
requires additional access, then more parts
may be removed. These are the steps to expose more of the water heater:
- Remove the four bolts (two each side) retaining the platform to the motorized recliner frame.
- The four Phillips oval head bolts w/ countersunk finishing cup washers retain the motorized recliner frame to the plywood box frame.
- The plywood box frame is retained to the hull w/ four screwed aluminum angle brackets, one at each corner.
Note that the factory has yellow and white wires feeding each motor
. I found the switch didn't have the expected action until I swapped those wires, as-shown in the image.
Backrest Attached w Hardware
Backrest Frame Hardware
Backrest Frame Removed
Bottom Cushion Starboard Front Screw Hole
Bottom Cushion Port Front Screw Hole
Bottom Cushion Starboard Rear Screw Hole - Note: Platform Removed for Image - Screw Accessed by Feel
Bottom Cushion Port Rear Screw Hole - Note: Platform Removed for Image - Screw Accessed by Feel
Bottom Platform Attached to Mechanism Starboard (Port Similar)
Mechanism on Frame
Frame Attached to Hull
- Note: Wiring
is Shown w/ One Set Swapped for Expected Switch Action