Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-09-2010, 13:04   #31
Marine Service Provider

Hellosailor , You are right we are not helping boaters with their refrigeration problems so I will agree to disagree with you on how EPA will interrupt mobile boat refrigeration regulations, your way or the way regulation normally get homogenized. Thank God the EPA uses common sense.
Richard Kollmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2010, 13:42   #32

Boat: PETERSON 44
maybe this will help. You can buy these refrigerants in small quantities Im not sure its legal but ebay has them and many online stores are selling them never asked me for my license. If your cruising long distance it would be worth carrying a can large enough to recharge your system. The small cans r134a seems to be more readily available so a refer with 134a would be a plus. r-12 from what I have heard and suggested on this sight is most effecient. R410 has done really well and Im pleased with the way its performed so going forward that may be an option to look for. This thread got totally hijacked but the information has been good. The laws are really intended for big units mine has I think after being corrected .9 kg of freon. Many of the roof top units you see have 80lbs and more of freon. At this level you should be okay with any freon. Putting in more freon when there has been a loss does nothing. It is common that this seems like a repair. The freon can't leave unless there is a leak. Im always impressed with the depth this forum brings to any subject. Im alicensed hvac tech but wasn't sure of some of the restraints. Also as a side it is not my livelyhood so Im not as informed as many here. I was licensed as not being so was an obstacle in being self sufficient.
sabray is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator