Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-07-2018, 00:23   #1

Wet cabin floor

I have a 1994 26 foot Wellcraft Weekender XL and recently I've noticed that when my power is on for the water pressure system in my boat that I am getting a wet cabin floor between the head and the galley? I've noticed that when I leave that pump on every 30 minutes I hear it click on again and when we recently pumped out the heads holding tank that the wall concave? So I cannot tell why my cabin floor is getting wet if it's a leak in the water holding tank or perhaps the head holding tank? Any ideas here? It's not a lot a lot of water but obviously the cabin floor is getting wet? I don't think it's a leak from above or below
Blondeamazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2018, 12:01   #2
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Re: Wet cabin floor

If the floor only gets wet when the pressure water system has been left on, then the leak is in the pressure water system, not the holding tank. You will need to inspect the pressure water system, from the pressure pump and accumulator tank (if you have that) to the faucets, and you will probably find a leaking hose somewhere near the wet flooring. If there's no access under the flooring, you may need to simply replace the hoses that are run under it.
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2018, 14:04   #3

Boat: 58' Sedan Bridge

Yep, pump coming on every 30 minutes is another sign that you've got a fresh water leak somewhere in the system.

Not holding tank. And you'd know, if it were that.

-Chris
Old 29-07-2018, 07:58   #4

Boat: Wauquiez Hood 38

You have a fresh water leak in your system. 30 minutes would indicate it is just a drip so might take a bit of time to find it.

If your holding tank is going concave during pumpout you have a blocked vent line.

Boat Vinyl Lettering and Graphics
Bleemus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cabin