Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-10-2018, 08:31   #1

Thoughts on pre-fab drawer refrigerators?

I have an ongoing discussion in another thread about trying to revive my fridge, but its awful tempting to just buy an off the shelf unit. Would like to get a drawer fridge so I don't have to clear the counter top space every time we need to get something out.

What are the opinions on off the shelf drawer style fridges (isotherm, vitrifrigo, dometic, etc)? Are they reliable, built well, i.e. enough insulation? I don't want to get something that will need to be replaced in 4-5 years, or will need a degree in advanced refrigeration and special equipment to diagnose problems. Prices seem to run in the 1000-2000 dollar range, which seems like a good deal compared to buying a standalone system and custom fabbing a drawer unit, but I would do that if these have a poor reputation.
sailingunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2018, 12:10   #2
cruiser

Boat: Retired from CF
Re: Thoughts on pre-fab drawer refrigerators?

ColdEH had a couple Dometic left over from a project, check out on eBay, $4-500 each I think.
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2018, 12:18   #3

Re: Thoughts on pre-fab drawer refrigerators?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john61ct View Post
ColdEH had a couple Dometic left over from a project, check out on eBay, $4-500 each I think.
Aye I think I saw a thread where he had those listed for sale - looking for something a bit bigger as I have plenty of room to work with.
sailingunity is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator