Got a Spectra Santa Cruz watermaker
which is 18 years old.
Its been giving us problems for a while now before it now does not produce any water
- I got the Clark Pump
serviced by Spectra 6 months ago
- I got two brand new Shurflo pumps two weeks ago
- I got a brand new membrane two weeks ago
.... So I should be good right?
After swapping membrane and pumps I got around 50 liters per hour. That was okay. Then it slowly declined and went down to 20 liters per hour. And then to nothing. I was able to get it going for a few hours more at 20 liters per hour after cleaning
prefilters which was full of gunk.
- Found that my strainer had a big hole in it. But. I have a 5 micron filter before the Clark Pump
- There was a strange hissing noice on both strokes. I opened up the pump and found scratches on the annual ring and the piston inside the ring. Sanded the piston and flipped the rings and the sound went away. No water
- Brine water when running pressured fills a 5 gallon bucket in less than 90 seconds.
- pressure lurks around 65 psi when pressurised. The pump shifts with its traditional sound, and the cables
jump and there is a small stop in the flow of brine when it shifts.
- just a few psi difference between shifts of the Clark Pump.
- found minor leak in high pressure connection to membrane cap. Tightened and no more leak. Still no water.
- inspected membrane o-rings. Had them out and swapped before Pacific crossing earlier this year and they all still looked great.
- inspected caps for cracks, can't find any.
- test port on Clark pump have a few drops a minute, rather dry.
Completely out of ideas now. Anyone out there who has experience with these and can point me in some kind of direction?