Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-08-2008, 13:24   #1

Boat: Bristol 45.5
Sources for galley sinks

I love just about everything on my boat except the round galley sinks. Why anyone would ever use two round sinks I will never understand - big pots and pans don't fit, and lots of wasted space. So, I'd like to replace them with one large rectangular sink. As with most things on boats, the space is an unusual size - maximum of 17 inches front to back and 30 inches long. Anyone have any ideas on where to look? Most of the household sinks are at least 22 inches front to back. I've checked the Scandvik website and their biggest one is 14 by 21. If I'm goint to do this, I'd like to do it right, which means a minimum of 15 by 25 or so.
SCCatSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 13:36   #2

Boat: 58 Taswell AS
Try Home Depot or Lowes for stainless sinks, over or under counter, all sizes and prices. Look under bar or entertainment sinks for the size you want.
speciald@ocens. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 13:52   #3

Boat: Bristol 45.5
I tried those - same result. Kitchen sinks that have the right front to back size (<= 17 inches) have a maximum length of 22 or so. Bar sinks at both web sites are mostly square - 15 x 15 +/-. I've also been on most major manufacturers' web sites (Kohler, Elkay, etc.) with same result.
SCCatSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 14:43   #4

Boat: VandeStadt IOR 40' - Insatiable
The deep rectangular stainless steel sink on Insatiable is fabricated, not bought. It certainly wouldn't be a cheap option, and you don't get the shiny mirror finish, but it does allow you to specify exactly the size and depth you prefer...

P.S. If you are prepared to wait about 2 years, I will be removing it...
Weyalan is offline   Reply With Quote