Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-07-2011, 10:59   #1
Marine Service Provider

Sour Odor in Central Heating / Air Conditioning Ductwork ?

This isn't exactly plumbing, but it does have to do with odors...and I couldn't figure out where else to post it. It's NOT a solicitation, it's strictly an invitation to TEST a product to find out whether it works or not. Other sites don't have a problem with it...so if I've put this in the wrong place, please move it instead of trashing it?

I've been asked to help test market a new product that claims to eliminate and prevent sour, musty, sewer-like or other unpleasant odors in HVAC ducts caused by molds, fungi and bacteria. It's a solid block of a non-toxic, environmentally friendly waxy gel that's placed in the air return duct...lasts up three months. There is a similar product made in Australia--GelAir--that does work, but is VERY expensive...and some other similar ones that don't work very well. This product is made here in the US. It's proven to work well in domestic HVAC ducts...but there's only one way to find out whether it'll work in a marine environment: test it in marine HVAC systems...and this HOT humid summer is the perfect time to do that. So if you have a problem with odor from the HVAC ducts, even if only temporarily after it's been off for a while, and would like to test this product, send me an email and I'll send it to you...There's no catch, no charge--not even shipping. I'll answer questions here.
peghall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2011, 11:56   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: Sour Odor in Central Heating / Air Conditioning Ductwork ?

An overwhelming response from all the various sites has brought all the testers we can use! Thanks so much!
peghall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioning, heating, odor