Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-03-2015, 22:43   #1

Boat: Westerly Sealord
SMEV 3 burner stove installation.

I chucked out a 20 year old SMEV 4 burner stove recently and bought a shiny new SMEV 3 burner (CU335M).

Looks the same but the first surprise when I went to fit it this arvo was to find that it is 15mm narrower than the old one ... ho hum... situation normal.

Next surprise as I slid it into the gap was to find that it had assymetrical gimbals... there is a choice of 2 fitting positions with a difference of 24mm.
Obviously someone's left hand didn't know what their right was doing when they put the gimbals on as they had gone the full mix and match.

Both are closer to the front than the back ( about 1" and 2" respectively)... obviously to allow for the weight of the oven door when opened

Anyone with any experience of fitting one of these and what the optimum gimbal position is?

... and yes I have spent half a day on google

TIA ( Ta in advance)

Floating Ping

Tags
installation