I'm starting a new thread on this because I simply can't find the answers I need in amongst the thousands that pop up when I search 'shower'.
I'm looking this year at installing a shower
. For heating
I'm looking at using a grind system off my engine
, which means when we want a shower
we run the engine
, but that's okay as I have a 170 ltr fuel tank
is small but it's the only place I can install one and to do that I'm going to have to water
proof the Head
area. I'm thinking of a shower where you sit on the head and then use a hand shower rose, similar to an above deck
I currently have two 100 Ltr water tanks
but planning on installing a third this year in the front of the boat
which I suspect will be at least 200 litres more giving me a total of 400 litres.
1. how much water can I expect to use per shower?
2. does it work
to make the 'head' cubicle out of marine
ply and then fibreglass over it to make it secure?
3. how well do the little shower sumps with the rule pump work
? Are there any problems with these little sumps?
4. I'll also be installing a Vetus waste water tank on the wall above the head which will then freefall to the waste seacock below. Can I tap the waste from the shower sump
into this tank? Does anyone forsee any problems in doing this?
5. My vessel was not design origionaly to carry 400 litres of water. (Didn't seem to have any origional water tank which is odd) It's operated fine with the 200 litres I've introduced. Does anyone think there would be a problem with weight, if I add another 200 litres?
6. Anyone have any experience with the marine
Grind HW system?