Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-08-2015, 01:47   #1

Boat: voyage Mayotte 50 ft cat
seperate watertight compartments arent watewrtight

Howdy folks,
The engine room My 50 ft Cat has a fiberglass wall which separates the engine room from the rest of the vessel, as does the bow compartment. It is obviously an extremely important feature of this wall to keep water out of the rest of the vessel in the event of an engine room leak. The two engine room have their own bilge pumps. My fuel pipes run through the wall by means of a 50mm PVC sleeve pipe towards the main fuel tanks situated mid-ship in each hull.

However, I put a hose into the engine room to wash it and discovered that the watertight compartment "aint so watertight" and water flowed through the 50 mm pipe to the main bilge pumps mid-ship.

1. Surely a leaking compartment cannot be correct? 2. How do I best seal the three smaller fuel lines situated in the larger PVC sleeve. What product / system should I use.
3. Is this method of having a sleeve through a watertight compartment O.K or should I be re routing the lines?

Thank you.
Regards
Mike
YPSILANTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2015, 21:34   #2

Boat: Aquarius Pilot Cutter, 24'
Re: seperate watertight compartments arent watewrtight

I would take a few pics and post them so that people can easily visualize what you are talking about.

You will probably get some replies if you do that.

If you need to edit or downsize the pics (pics under 1mb are best), open them in Windows' paint program. You can draw simple arrows and such with this. And, when you save them from Windows' paint as a jpg/jpeg Windows will reduce the file size automatically to something that is easily up-loadable, but still easy for us to see.
esarratt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
men, water