Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2014, 20:47   #16
Marine Service Provider

Re: Raritan fresh water conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by a64pilot View Post
Read the link guys, this isn't some mod I'm doing on my own, Raritan has a kit that converts their PHII head as well as others to pressurized fresh water flush
http://www.defender.com/pdf/503404.pdf
What I think this gives me is I get to keep my nearly bullet proof PHII, but get fresh water flush with no chance of it making us sick.

Weird thing is, I can't find it on Raritan's web site?
Raritan's "fresh water conversion" shown on the Defender site is actually just the LBA for a brand new toilet--their "Fresh Head"--which is the first ever manual toilet designed to use pressurized fresh water.

I have the "Promo Sheet" and the Installation, Operation and Maintenance Instructions--both PDFs--for the "Fresh Head," but the file sizes are too large to upload here. If one of you who knows how to reduce PDFs would like to email me, I'll attach 'em to a reply so they can be posted here . Email is (my.name) at gmail dot com. I dunno when Raritan will get it onto their website.

Meanwhile, I can describe from the photo: the lever at the top of the pump at the back on the left side is the flush water valve. It has one advantage that no other manual toilet has--it allows the user to add water to the bowl ahead of use. The pump handle separately operates a diaphragm pump. If we can get the instruction manual uploaded, you'll be able to see the exploded drawing of the whole thing. It's sold as a complete toilet or the "conversion as shown on the Defender site...any bowl that mounts using the 4 bolt + pattern will fit the base.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Raritan Fresh Head.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	430.7 KB
ID:	89105  
peghall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
raritan, water