Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2021, 05:14   #16

Boat: ‘01 Catana 401
Re: Raritan Elegance Flush Flow

Have you tried increasing the pressure of your potable water pump? Even 5 psi can make a big difference.
Sailmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 06:29   #17
CLOD

Boat: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailmonkey View Post
Have you tried increasing the pressure of your potable water pump? Even 5 psi can make a big difference.
No. I have great pressure right at the sink next to the head and of course it has a aerator strainer in it.
Old 02-04-2021, 06:32   #18
CLOD

I feel the problem has to be at the head solenoid valve and/or a strainer there if it exists. I am in Bahamas and think i will not do anything till i get get to States in case something goes wrong while taking it apart.
Old 02-04-2021, 07:42   #19
Marine Service Provider

Above, you said "Its just push button control"

--Peggie
peghall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 07:45   #20
Marine Service Provider

I think it's time you had a chat with Raritan tech support about it. 800-352-5630. Mac McCoy is my go-to guy there...his extension is 306

--Peggie
peghall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 09:48   #21
CLOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by peghall View Post
Above, you said "Its just push button control"

--Peggie
It is! Push the top one to rinse, bottom to flush, in middle to push both at same time.

Why does it matter to the question?
Old 02-04-2021, 11:44   #22

Boat: 1980 Gulfstar 47 Sailmaster

I just installed the SeaEra QC. Suspect similar flush flow rates. I tested the flow rate and found 1/2 gallon (approximately a full bowl for the smaller marine size) in less than four seconds. This equates to about 8 gallons/minute. I plumbed a dedicated 1/2” hose from the discharge of my water pump to the toilet and the incoming cannot keep up with the flush rate. Fortunately, I opted for the manual control. My solution as Peggy said is to pre-fill the bowl and then suspend the flush when the bowl empties. Re-fill and flush a second time if need be. One reason I selected the manual control is that I understand the default setting on the automatic control is 8 seconds, which I see is way too long.
cr180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 06:26   #23
CLOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
I have a freshwater flush Raritan Elegance head. It flushes great and rips up whatever is in it. But from day 1 the flush water flow has been low. It is connected to the sink supply line and the flow at the sink is good and the hose to the head solenoid valve it larger than the line to the head. So that only leaves the head itself in my mind as restricting the flow.

What are other freshwater flush Elegance users experience?
Had a hose leak today on the supply hose in back of the head so had reason to take it apart.

captain465 in post #8 was correct, there is a press in strainer on the inlet to the solenoid valve and it was semi clogged. Much better flush flow now.
Old 07-04-2021, 07:56   #24

Re: Rariran Elegance Flush Flow

Quote:
Its just push button control

I shouldn't have to fill a cup and toss in in to clean he bowl
We fill the bowl with water before using for anything that would require 'cleaning'. We just hold the 'fill' button until we think there is enough.
Shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 13:08   #25

Quote:
Had a hose leak today on the supply hose in back of the head so had reason to take it apart.

captain465 in post #8 was correct, there is a press in strainer on the inlet to the solenoid valve and it was semi clogged. Much better flush flow now.
SB: thanks for the follow up. so often we dont get to find out what the answer was
don
dhenline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 15:12   #26

also, what did it look like it was clogged with? I assume this is a fresh water system, so would that imply some contamination in your water tank?
or is it quite a small screen?
don
dhenline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 15:23   #27
CLOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhenline View Post
also, what did it look like it was clogged with? I assume this is a fresh water system, so would that imply some contamination in your water tank?
or is it quite a small screen?
don
It just seemed dirt type material. Came right off with a toothbrush. It is only a 1/2” valve so doesn't take a lot to make a big difference.

Also today I found it is a LOT easier to just disconnect the valve at its outlet hose fitting and pull the valve up to work on the supply side connection that has always been hard to get tight.

Tags
raritan