Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-01-2021, 06:20   #1

Raritan Crown Head 12v Timer Solenoid/Relay

One of my 12v macerator (automotive starter motor) heads will not flush. I have good 12V power to the on/off circuit breaker and when activated to the flush toggle switch. This system is controlled by a solenoid/relay which has a 20 second timer function when the switch is activated. I am unable to get the toilet
to flush. The motor will not start.

I suspect the solenoid/relay, but I haven't a clue as to how to troubleshoot it. Has anyone out there had any experience with these (antiquated) systems and can you offer advice on troubleshooting. I have not been able to find a schematic. Thanks
Tcheairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2021, 09:20   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: Raritan Crown Head 12v Timer Solenoid/Relay

You can download the Crown Head from here Raritan Crown Head Owners Manual If you can't find the info you need in it, call Raritan tech support...800-352-5630 and select "tech support." Unlike tech support at most mfrs, a live trained tech will actually answer the phone!

Should have mentioned... There have been several incarnations of the Crown Head...the CD (centrifugal discharge) version is the most recent, but that still makes it 25+ years old. If yours is an earlier STD or DD version, I can find the owners manuals in my hard copy files.

--Peggie
peghall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2021, 14:53   #3

Re: Raritan Crown Head 12v Timer Solenoid/Relay

I appreciate the suggestion to consult the owner's manual but I have downloaded that and there is no schematic of the electrical components. I'll try calling the tech dept.

Thanks
Tcheairs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
head, raritan