Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2022, 17:48   #1

Rainman compatability kit

Realized that dragging my Rainman in and out of the lazarette was not practical or even possible with my bad back and the fact that my arms aren’t 5 feet long. Anyway, I purchased the control panel, install kit and now the “compatability kit” and “naked gauge hose assembly” (a $522.72 hose and gauge apparently) and am left a bit surprised by how much more the install ends up costing. I could have easily paid for the more expensive Spectra at this rate. Just something to consider if you want to go Rainman. I’m sure other brands components aren’t cheap either.

Has anyone else had to purchase the worlds most expensive hose and gauge as well? Lol! Just want to make sure I didn’t get hosed by the dealer. Wish I could just deal direct with Rainman instead of a multi-day back and forth with a dealer.
docrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 02:17   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to Rainman
Re: Rainman compatability kit

The compatibility kit is only required when you want to add a control panel and autoflush to a portable Rainman or an older system. There is an online guide to help determine exactly what is or isn't required.
https://www.rainmandesal.com/control...compatibility/

Our dealers should be following our pricing as published on our website.
https://www.rainmandesal.com/watermaker-price/

Shipping, taxes, etc. may affect that pricing, depending on which part of the world you are located.

If you feel a dealer has been unreasonable, please contact us at support@rainmandesal.com.
Rainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 19:31   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
The compatibility kit is only required when you want to add a control panel and autoflush to a portable Rainman or an older system. There is an online guide to help determine exactly what is or isn't required.
https://www.rainmandesal.com/control...compatibility/

Our dealers should be following our pricing as published on our website.

Shipping, taxes, etc. may affect that pricing, depending on which part of the world you are located.

If you feel a dealer has been unreasonable, please contact us at support@rainmandesal.com.
Hi. Thanks for the response! Yes, I used the guide and determined I needed the compatibility kit. Can you direct me to the pricing for the compatibility kit on the link you provided? I don’t see it listed there.
Old 12-05-2022, 20:31   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to Rainman

It's on the main pricing page that I linked to above.

Look near the bottom of the page. There is an expandable section that shows the pricing of compatibility kit.
Rainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 21:24   #5

Excellent! I had no idea that was a drop down menu. Very much appreciated. Pretty much exactly the amounts the dealer charged (plus tax etc.) too BTW.
Old 17-05-2022, 23:15   #6
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: FP Athena 38' Poerava

Just jumping in here as it is a good place to start out. Just to let everyone know that we are now a dealer for RainMan as well. We are in the process of getting everything set up and ready for a full-service location for sales, service and repairs for RainMan. We have a great bunch of people working on providing excellent service in our S. Florida shop. When we choose to carry a product there are a few requirements besides the fact that the product must be of great quality. The service from the parent company must match the quality of the product as well. I have known some of the top people at RainMan for many years now. Their dedication to quality, service, and attention to detail is well known in the watermaker community. We thank RainMan for the opportunity. It is our hope and intent to expand that dedication to excellence even further.
Tellie is offline   Reply With Quote