Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2021, 14:39   #1

Location: Live aboard in Simonstown (Cape Town) - now Grenada having crossed the Atlantic.
Boat: 1986 Bruce Roberts 45 raised saloon
LectraSan MC control indicator panel

I am hoping that someone with knowledge of this equipment can provide some info to cure my current headache.

I recently purchased a LectraSan MC on Ebay for a horrible amount of money, and then paid that same amount again to have it shipped to Cape Town. The purchase included 2x control indicator panel, I only require 1 (pic's attached).

On arrival I noticed that the package had a [REPACKED] tape label on it and on opening I found that the 2x control panel indicators were missing. The seller says he packed the controllers into the box himself, so I can only assume that the [re-packer] removed them and I have no idea where that may have occurred.

So I am now sitting with some very expensive ballast unless I can sort this mess out. I cant find this item locally, I have found on West Marine site for $95 but after adding shipping to RSA it will turn into another eye watering expense - so I would like to first investigate if I can bang out a DIY solution that will make it work.

From the pic's (which is all I have seen) the panel appears to have a push button and 3 LED's on the front, with a RJ45 (computer patch cable) and a flush time adjustment (probably just a variable resister) on the back - if that is all the components then I am willing to give it a go. If the panel includes additional components (IC's etc) that form part of the greater controller circuitry then I will be out of my depth.

So 1st prize would be someone out there who has a circuit diagram for this control panel - failing that if anyone is able to confirm that it is a "simple" device as described above, or a complicated piece of kit that is best solved by West Marine.

There is another option where someone might have a spare control panel that he/she is willing to part with at a fair price?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LectraSan MC flush switch2.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	455.3 KB
ID:	239913   Click image for larger version

Name:	LectraSan MC flush switch.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	239914  

markcouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 18:51   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: LectraSan MC control indicator panel

The Lectra/San MC has been obsolete for at least 10 years...so long ago that the "Installation, Operation and Maintenance Instructions" (aka "owners manual") is no longer available online. However, I have a hard copy of it that I can scan and attach to an email...it does include the wiring and plumbing specs.

To send me an email, do the same thing you'd do to send me a PM, except choose email instead of Private Message. That will give me your email address...I can attach the owners manual to a reply.

Or, just send me a PM that includes your email address, which I need because there's no way to attach anything to a PM.

--Peggie
peghall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 00:02   #3

Location: Live aboard in Simonstown (Cape Town) - now Grenada having crossed the Atlantic.
Boat: 1986 Bruce Roberts 45 raised saloon
Re: LectraSan MC control indicator panel

Thanks Peggie, will send PM.
markcouz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
asa