Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-01-2015, 10:18   #1

Boat: Colvin, Yankee Point, Schooner
keel cooling air lock problem

I have a 1974 Hundested single cylinder 27 hp hot bulb engine in my 50 ft steel lug rigged schooner. For those not familiar check Utube it burns diesel. My problem is I think I am getting air locked into my keel cooler, so the water over flows from the reservoir, hot. I flushed the system with compressed air and refilled with fresh water only, no glycol, retightened all clamps and I put a hot water heating system auto air vent at almost the highest point in the hose. The vented reservoir is 2 ft below the auto air valve. Started engine, watched see thru flow paddle, air bubbles for a few min, topped up water after 45 minutes running the reservoir over flowed again hot.
Anybody got experience with such problems?
Spice of Life is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooling, keel