Originally Posted by 1canajun
Tailpiece from newer 37010 is just a bit off. Bolt pattern is not the same. $30 experiment
. The duckbill does not fit in the original tailpiece either. I probably will just replace the complete head with a manual head. Not sure if mine is compact or regular. Thank you for the suggestion.
When I replaced my Jabsco
manual toilet with a Quiet Flush model, the discharge fitting was at an angle that would kink the hose. What I did, and actual makes the tailpiece stronger, was to cut off the 3 screw tabs, and then a made round disc from SS that I bored the ID to slip over the tailpiece, and drill 3 holes in it to screw to the base. That allowed the tailpiece to be rotated to any position, and the tailpiece was now being clamped in position along its full dia over the tailpieces stepped end, vs just being attached to the toilet base by the 3 screws.
(Basically just picture a large washer that will slide over the tailpiece, and has 3 screw holes) This would allow you to correct any hose misalignment if you have any, and to use a more common joker valve.