Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-06-2022, 04:42   #1

Boat: B423
Jabsco Quiet Flush - Electric Toilet Fresh Water

Any recent experience with this model? I’m looking for something simple (electric wise), that would fit in place of a jabsco manual toilet.
clamshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2022, 08:08   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: Jabsco Quiet Flush - Electric Toilet Fresh Water

I'm guessing you're referring to the Quiet Flush 37055. If so, you should be able to aim the pump/motor assembly to either side instead of out the back. Take some careful measurements to make sure it'll fit your space. Defender has the conversion kit (everything below the bowl). Jabsco 37055 Quiet-Flush Pressurized Fresh Water Conversion Kit You would have to add a multi-choice flush panel for about $150

The Raritan SeaEra QC is the fresh water version of their SeaEra, which is the top rated macerating toilet in its class. The pump/motor assembly can definitely be installed either side. Defender has the complete toilet with household size bowwl for about the same price as the Jabsco conversion. Raritan SeaEra QC Toilet - Fresh - Household | Defender Marine You would have to add a multi-choice flush panel for about $150

The Raritan Marine Elegance Raritan Marine_Elegance Promo.pdf is an all china "throne" that's the TOP rated macerating electric toilet. The base of the pedestal is only 12" front-back. This retailer has it for an excellent price Boatersland Marine Elegance (note that all the boxes on that page are menus).

I'll be glad to discuss the relative merits of all of them with you.

--Peggie
peghall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2022, 18:22   #3

Boat: Catana 41

We replaced our old standby Jabsco manual with the compact quiet flush electric. The mounting holes and footprint are all the same, but you'll have to drill some new holes for both the inlet and outlets. The outlet is only 3/4" and I used a reducer to connect a short length of 3/4" to my existing 1.5" black water line. I believe this is leading to some intermittent air locking issues when flushing, but letting off the button for a second until a bubble comes up in the bowl fixes the problem and then pressing the flush button works fine.

In general, this is a great toilet and super compact if you have a small head. It's also cheaper than most others. The user experience isn't as nice as some of the other electric heads I've used. It's also still kinda loud for being called a "quiet flush", but I remember the old jabsco electric toilet and it was like running a vitamix

Jason
JasonBRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2022, 19:49   #4

Thanks for the replies. I was hoping to replace the whole toilet with an electric, standard size unit. This will replace the current compact manual with raw water intake. I do not want to convert my existing manual to electric using a conversion kit.

The Jabsco Quiet flush was suggested to me as a good option. This particular person mentioned recent failure of Raritan control units in their experience.
Old 17-06-2022, 22:01   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by peghall View Post
I'm guessing you're referring to the Quiet Flush 37055. If so, you should be able to aim the pump/motor assembly to either side instead of out the back. Take some careful measurements to make sure it'll fit your space. Defender has the conversion kit (everything below the bowl). Jabsco 37055 Quiet-Flush Pressurized Fresh Water Conversion Kit You would have to add a multi-choice flush panel for about $150

The Raritan SeaEra QC is the fresh water version of their SeaEra, which is the top rated macerating toilet in its class. The pump/motor assembly can definitely be installed either side. Defender has the complete toilet with household size bowwl for about the same price as the Jabsco conversion. Raritan SeaEra QC Toilet - Fresh - Household | Defender Marine You would have to add a multi-choice flush panel for about $150

The Raritan Marine Elegance Raritan Marine_Elegance Promo.pdf is an all china "throne" that's the TOP rated macerating electric toilet. The base of the pedestal is only 12" front-back. This retailer has it for an excellent price Boatersland Marine Elegance (note that all the boxes on that page are menus).

I'll be glad to discuss the relative merits of all of them with you.

--Peggie
Peggie - I likewise have a standard Jabsco manual “Twist n Lock” that I want to swap for a FW electric. Having been a longtime fan of your book and advice over the years, I had planned on installing the Raritan Marine Elegance you’ve always recommended. Unfortunately, the head space is really tight, and I’m not convinced it will fit. So I was debating going with a Jabsco product for ease of mounting (I think the footprint/mounting holes are the same?) versus the Raritan SeaEra QC or…?? Is the Raritan a much better product that it’s worth additional my labor getting it mounted up? Not worried about cost differences for this particular purchase, as ultimately, the MOST important consideration is obtaining a toilet that dependably moves the solid “stuff” to the holding tank!!
Phyrcooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2022, 23:33   #6

Boat: Jeanneau SO DS 49

Quiet flush is not an accurate description. I'd never have one on my boat.
it wakes everyone up.
SteveSadler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2022, 08:05   #7
Marine Service Provider

I do not want to convert my existing manual to electric using a conversion kit.

The "conversion" I described isn't the one you're thinking of...I wouldn't want that one either. If you click on the link to the Jabsco conversion in my previous reply, you'll see that the only difference between it and the complete toilet is, the conversion saves the cost of a new bowl.

This is the complete toilet Jabsco Quiet-Flush Electric Toilet , Household Bowl, Std Height - 12 Volt DC | Defender Marine When it becomes necessary to replace the pump/motor assembly, you'd need the 37055 conversion.

As for any problems with Raritan flush panels...there have a been a few reported failures of the circuit board in the 4 option Smart Flush panel, but none for their 3-option "Momentary Control," which is the one I recommend.

--Peggie
Old 18-06-2022, 08:39   #8

Boat: Hylas 54

I don't see the Jabsco Deluxe Flush Electric Toilets mentioned very often. I have them on my boat and think they are very good, on par with the Raritan. They come in raw water and fresh water versions. These are not quiet, but this has not been an issue for us.
jt11791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2022, 08:41   #9
Marine Service Provider

You'd definitely have enough width for the Elegance...it's the front-back dimensions that matter. The pedestal base is 12"...if you'd be installing it on a raised platform narrower than at least 14", that would be a problem. The bowl overhangs any platform...you'd need enough space in front of it for the head door and knees.

The "Installation, Operation and Maintenance Instructions" (aka "owners manual") provides dimensions Raritan Marine Elegance Owners Manual

If the Elegance won't fit, the SeaEra QC is your best choice. Pump/motor assembly can be on either side of the bowl.

As for power to move any flushes all the way to the tank...the Elegance pump can move 'em up to 100'! I'll have to call Raritan on Monday to find out how far the SeaEra/SeaEra QC can move bowl contents without help from gravity. SeaeraQC owners manual

Are Raritan toilets worth the extra money? Everything they've ever made has been consistently top rated and they stand behind 'em. Their tech support is outstanding...trained techs actually answer the phone. And they're the last electric toilet mfr who still builds everything in the US (everything Jabsco sells in the US is made in Mexico with parts and materials sourced from China).

--Peggie
Old 18-06-2022, 14:09   #10

Boat: 2010 Jeanneau SO 44i

I put one in my vessel 3+ years ago, nothing quiet about it but fresh water electric is nice and no smells we changed all the black water lines as well. 3 years no issues at all. Except when I forget to turn on the water pump power.
I have never slept on a vessel and not woke up when someone got up to do anything at night on anchor, underway lots of residual noises (or exhaustion) blend to a sort of white noise, but on anchor in the still of a windless night you can hear a Weevil pass gas. So Not sure they make a toilet with no noise.
I read the directions and put it in my self, We have 2 other heads, a fresh water manual Jabsco and a salt water manual that is only used for off shore, salt water heads get stinky imho. Cheers
Kd9truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2022, 19:28   #11

Quote:
You'd definitely have enough width for the Elegance...it's the front-back dimensions that matter. The pedestal base is 12"...if you'd be installing it on a raised platform narrower than at least 14", that would be a problem. The bowl overhangs any platform...you'd need enough space in front of it for the head door and knees.

The "Installation, Operation and Maintenance Instructions" (aka "owners manual") provides dimensions Raritan Marine Elegance Owners Manual

If the Elegance won't fit, the SeaEra QC is your best choice. Pump/motor assembly can be on either side of the bowl.

As for power to move any flushes all the way to the tank...the Elegance pump can move 'em up to 100'! I'll have to call Raritan on Monday to find out how far the SeaEra/SeaEra QC can move bowl contents without help from gravity. SeaeraQC owners manual

Are Raritan toilets worth the extra money? Everything they've ever made has been consistently top rated and they stand behind 'em. Their tech support is outstanding...trained techs actually answer the phone. And they're the last electric toilet mfr who still builds everything in the US (everything Jabsco sells in the US is made in Mexico with parts and materials sourced from China).

--Peggie
Thank you very much for your response. What are your thoughts/experiences on 1” vs. 1.5” discharge? 1.5” would seem to be less prone to plugging, but the 1” is less volume to clear (or backflow if joker valve leaks). I have about 4’ lift or head, and about a 6’ - 7’ run.
Phyrcooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2022, 19:57   #12

Quote:

--Peggie
I am going to look at the measurements on my base pedestal tomorrow. I would like the elegance if possible. That was my original pick, but the Jabsco option came up. It seems that the price has come down on the elegance. Also, thanks for pointing out the more traditional control panel option. I don’t need to flush with my phone 😄. Additionally, the tank is right above the toilet and waste travels about 5-6ft.

I bought your book about a year ago while shopping for boats. Finally getting around to all these projects.
Old 18-06-2022, 20:09   #13

Boat: Southerly 480

I replaced a Jabsco manual with a SeaEra QC based on Peggie's recommendation on my last boat. It was a pretty simple process. I switched from raw water to fresh so I didn't need a pump. If you want raw water, I believe you need to get a pump as well.
shimari is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, jabsco, oil, toilet, water