Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-03-2021, 04:40   #1

Jabsco lite flush hack - manual flush time

Here's a hack that might be helpful to others.

Problem: flush volume is fixed at 1.2litres. For many systems this does not leave the pipes with clear salt water, and the mix of urine causes calcium build up.

Solution: by wiring a pair of manual switches to the control box the fill pump and flush macerator can be controlled manually.

Here's a pic of the wiring to the control side of the relays on the circuit board.

At the other end of this wire a switch connecting blue to yellow or green activates the pump to fill, and connecting red to yellow or green activates the macerator flush.

I suggest using a single pole double throw switch to do both so you can only activate one at a time, as the unit wasn't designed to do both simultaneously. Also dead man's type switch prevents it accidentally being left on and flooding.

If anyone can figure out how to adjust the timing circuit on the board so it runs for longer please post the suggestions. I suspect the time is programmed into the chip. Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210321_130933.jpeg
Views:	113
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	234911
andypag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 10:02   #2

Re: Jabsco lite flush hack - manual flush time

Thanks for this post. I was looking for something like this. I cannot understand why I need to pump in water before I can use the flush. Some times I just throw in water which I want to pump out, but to do that I need to first pump in more water . In my case I have a panel with two buttons where the other button does not work unless the other has been pushed first.

The circuit board seems to be closed in a plastic case, so did you manage to open the case easily to get hold on the circuit board?

You did put a link wiring ("Here's a pic of the wiring to the control side of the relays on the circuit board.") but this link leads only to forum. I couldn't find any related pic of wiring, unless it was the same pic in your post showing the circuit board?

Thanks in advance.
Petri
luotope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 11:53   #3
Marine Service Provider

Since you've already "reinvented" the Raritan "Momentary Control" switch, doubt you'll want to buy one, but you might find the answer you need in the Operation and Installation Instructions at the bottom of Defender's listing for it:
Raritan Momentary Control at Defender

--Peggie
peghall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 22:14   #4

Great! Thanks for your answer Peggie
luotope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 15:34   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by luotope View Post
Thanks for this post. I was looking for something like this. I cannot understand why I need to pump in water before I can use the flush. Some times I just throw in water which I want to pump out, but to do that I need to first pump in more water . In my case I have a panel with two buttons where the other button does not work unless the other has been pushed first.

The circuit board seems to be closed in a plastic case, so did you manage to open the case easily to get hold on the circuit board?

You did put a link wiring ("Here's a pic of the wiring to the control side of the relays on the circuit board.") but this link leads only to forum. I couldn't find any related pic of wiring, unless it was the same pic in your post showing the circuit board?

Thanks in advance.
Petri
Hi. Just 4 small screws holding the box together. Careful of the rubber gasket when opening it.

My box had 2 leads, one connects to foot switch. One to twin switch. Both are bypassed by putting a switch straight on the relay

Not sure why the image isn't showing. But you can figure out where the relays connect on the circuit board.
andypag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 18:22   #6
Marine Service Provider

I think you've just re-invented the Raritan Momentary Control Raritan Momentary Control owners-manual

--Peggie
peghall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jabsco