Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-10-2019, 14:53   #1

Boat: 2011 FP Orana 44 M
Jabsco alternatives?

Maybe I'm jaded because I've just spent another several hours troubleshooting Jabsco equipment, but it seems to me it's all designed to fail. I understand that all moving parts will wear out. And that plumbing is a constant battle on a boat. But these parts are 5 times as expensive and last half as long as residential parts. I've even had brand new parts with poor tolerances that have a slow drip right after installation.

Is there another brand that I should be looking at moving to?

I do like that Jabsco seems to be everywhere, and their equipment goes together like Lego. And they have good instructionals on YouTube. But why am I watching so many Jabsco how-to videos?!?
LoudMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2019, 16:54   #2

Boat: Beneteau 423 43 feet
Re: Jabsco alternatives?

What parts are you referring to?? I have 2 jabsco electric heads that came with my boat and they perform perfectly. I also had jabsco fresh water pump and a salt water wash down pump that I replaced with Johnson pumps...... just my preference however the jansco pumps worked fine.... just a bit louder
NYSail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2019, 17:00   #3

Re: Jabsco alternatives?

If you are looking for pumps, either fresh water, fuel transfer, or washdown, you need to look at Marco Pumps. They are first class, robust, and reliable. Not available in West Marine, but that is probably a good sign.

They are pricey, but you get what you pay for. The only plastic parts are the parts that SHOULD be plastic.

I am to be a chemical engineer who used to spec industrial pumps. These are the real deal. Jabsco makes toys to a price point.
billknny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jabsco