Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-03-2020, 15:23   #1

Boat: 2019 Seawind 1160 Lite
Isotherm Digital Control for Cruise 130 Refrig

I know these are relatively new, but has anyone installed an Isotherm ITC (Digital Display Intelligent Energy Control) on their Isotherm Cruise Classic 130 refrigerator/freezer? I think this unit replaces the Isotherm Smart Energy Controller which had some similar functions, as West Marine now has the ISEC on clearance sale.

Overall the ITC allows the temperature to be set digitally with a controller external to the refrigerator, and lowers the temp to accumulate excess cold in refrigerator contents when it senses excess battery voltage. If nothing else, it moves the thermostat away from the freezer compartment. (On my Elegance 130, the thermostat is actually in the freezer compartment, and I think the Classic has it directly below.) That may solve the issue that several of us had with freezer icing up, and encasing the thermostat so it no longer functioned correctly. Here is a link. ITs only about $140 USD.

Here is a link to the Isotherm website, for more info:

https://www.indelwebastomarine.com/u...dJ-Y-FAsiCJDPA

ANd a YouTube video:

sailjumanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2020, 17:35   #2

Boat: 2019 Seawind 1160 Lite
Re: Isotherm Digital Control for Cruise 130 Refrig

Oh boy, first post ever that has gone complete "crickets".
sailjumanji is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise, isotherm