Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2021, 17:24   #1

Boat: Tashiba-31
How does faucet connect to sink top?

My faucet has come undone. I've found a threaded rod that fits into the threads on the bottom of the faucet. It has a wide brass nut on it. There is also a C-shaped object that I suppose is the clamp. I think I'm missing 1 or 2 nuts and a couple of lock washers.

I think how it was connected was with the clamp between the brass nut and the faucet. Problem with this is that it doesn't lock the bolt down and it loosens up right away.

Can anyone tell me how this should be back together?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	faucet.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	230267  
dmksails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 17:45   #2

Re: How does faucet connect to sink top?

The c-shaped item is the “washer” or “clamp” as you call it. It is bigger than the hole which is how it holds the faucet against the cabinet top.

The threaded rod doesn’t normally come out. The nut should have unscrewed from it. The nut appears to be frozen on the thread rod.

If you’re not replacing it, you might try to use penetrating oil to loosen the nut from the threaded rod. Then thread the rod back into the bottom of the faucet and mount it back (with the c-shape washer between the nut and the counter top. When you rethread the rod with the nut off, you may want to add some blue loc-tight (I wouldn’t use red loc-tight).

You are not missing any parts.

Hope that helps.
leboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 17:48   #3

Boat: Hunnter Legend 37.5

Is there a threaded hole in the faucet? Take the brass nut off. Screw the bolt into the base of the faucet. The C shaped washer goes on the underside of the sink. Then put the faucet where it's supposed to be, passing the bolt through the small C washer hole. Then put the brass nut on the bolt and use a deep well socket to tighten. If it pulls out of the faucet, you may have to tap new or slightly larger threads, or replace the fixture.
bensolomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2021, 02:00   #4

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Athena 11.6m Rapa Nui II

There is usually a rubber washer the same shape as the C shaped washer, that goes between the C washer and the sink or worktop. You will need a box spanner to tighten.
Rapanui is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2021, 04:34   #5

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Athena 11.6m Rapa Nui II

There should also be a rubber washer between faucet and sink top also to prevent water ingress. One problem I have found from replacing several on our cat is that the threaded rod and C washer is often plated steel and will rust and fall apart. I replace the threaded rod with a stainless one and have made replica C washers from stainless (very hard work) and Tufnol (which is much easier). We use pull out shower fittings and changing the shower hose with the standard flexible connector is almost impossible in situ. The pull out shower flexible connector is too short and of poor quality, fails quickly due to constant flexing and is non standard so you cannot buy them, so have cannabolised the old end fittings and soldered them on to a longer piece of copper tube so that I can now replace the shower hose fairly easily when it fails.
Rapanui is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2021, 06:31   #6
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: FP Athena 38' Poerava

Your missing the nut that tightens the whole thing down. Probably lying around somewhere underneath the sink. The chrome threaded rod threads into the faucet, tighten down using the brass/bronze hex coupler, the C clamp is then held in place below the brass coupler by the missing nut. Once the brass/bronze coupler is threaded back into the faucet the distance of the thread penetration into the faucet and the thickness of the counter top would not allow the C clamp to slide over the top of the coupler.
Tellie is offline   Reply With Quote