Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-09-2016, 11:37   #1

Holding Tank - Vent Hose Leaking Water

Hi All,

I have a 1979 30ft Catalina with a Ronco B104A holding tank.

Recently found a leak into the Bilge and after much effort and removing the holding tank from the boat, we found 2 splits in the tank. I had these repaired by a plastics guy & re-installed the tank.

The tank has an inlet, outlet & vent hose.

I kinda cut the vent hose when taking tank out which was silly on my behalf. To fix it, I got some more hose & clamped a piece from the hose to the actual connection on the holding tank. Admittedly it was a pretty poor connection but another chap docked nearby me said it should be fine.

The Problem: there is a small (tiny) hole in the vent hose & its leaking water! Not sure how the water is getting up there as its on the top... I poured a litre of so down the toilet to test it out & straight away, water spurted out.

Why is the vent hose leaking water? Confused as to 1) how the water is "going up" through the vent hose & 2) isn't it just supposed to be air that goes up there? Is the hole causing this problem & if I fix it, will all be OK?

Thanks Folks

Mike

The tank:
Ronco Plastics - Marine Water Tanks, RV Water Tank, Auto Detail Tanks, Water Tanks
CaptainSonny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
holding tank, water