Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-03-2011, 20:50   #1
Marine Service Provider

Fitting Jabsco Quiet Flush to Existing Manual Head

I have a cat and want to fit jabsco quiet flush heads to the existing pump type jabsco heads. On either side of boat i have 2 heads that both share the same water intake .As the pipe leaves the intake ball valve it has a tee fitted and then the water is teed off to both heads.Both water lines are fitted with anti siphon valves. Where in the line do i fit the 12v pump to supply water to the head ? Must i fit 2 pumps, one for each head or can they share one pump. I suppose the problem occurs when both heads are being flushed at the same time.
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 22:29   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: Fitting jabsco quiet flush to existing manual head

What you're trying to do won't work. Instead you need to CONVERT your manual toilets to electric toilets...and to do that, you don't keep the manual pumps...instead you have to buy the conversion kits ( everything except the bowl, seat and lid)--one for each toilet. They can both use the same intake thru-hull.

Check 'em out here: Conversion Kits > ITT Flow Control - Engineered for life. Click on each one to to see what's involved...click on Downloads to get the installation instructions.

Avoid the 29200...it looks to be the simplest--and it is. But it also draws almost twice the amperage, makes enough noise to wake the dead and costs more than most complete electric macerating toilets.

While you're checking out conversions, take a look at the Raritan SeaEra...also available as both a complete toilet and a "conversion." Much higher quality, exceptionally reliable/durable. In fact Practical Sailor just rated it the "best budget" electric macerating toilet. You can read all about that one here: Raritan Sea Era
peghall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 22:34   #3
CF Adviser

Boat: Boatless, for now, Cat enthusiast
Re: Fitting jabsco quiet flush to existing manual head

I'll just underscore what Peggie said. After having the Jabsco unit for several years -- and repairing it about every six months -- I took Peggie's advice and converted to the SeaEra. It is so much better, it defies description.

ID

Observations are gold; hypotheses, silver; and conclusions, bronze.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.--Ben Franklin

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.--Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Intentional Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flushing, head, jabsco