Hi Guys - I have an electric head
that goes to a tank in a cupboard that is standing up. Height from the bottom of the bowl to the top of the tank is 1500mm. Problem is that the bowl does not clear well and as a result a lot of water
is used and the tank 110L fills quickly. The Jabsco head
is rated to 1200 lift
, so this is my problem really.
I am thinking of installing a new pump
in series with the discharge line. What sort of pump
though?? ie comes on with the toilet to help discharge line into the tank.
2 problems - limited by physical space and current
draw. I have purchased a maceration type pump but it is large and draws 12 amps, together with 16 amps from the toilet could overload the circuit so have not installed.
I am wondering if an impeller type pump might work
as a booster. Because the toilet macerates prior to the booster pump I am hoping it would not block??? What are your thoughts?? Thanks for taking the time to read this.
What I have done so far;
1. Replaced all hoses - 1"
2. Checked vent is working well - ok
3. checked for voltage drop - all good
4. Replaced the head with a new Jabsco
- same result.
5. Tested with a discharge height of 900mm - works great.
6. Checked intake line - all good.
What I have not tried;
1. Someone suggested going to 3/4" hose on the discharge line as this may increase the pressure and then the lift
. My worry is this could block up?
2. A booster pump.
again - Matt