Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-03-2021, 08:22   #31
Marine Service Provider

Re: Converting to electric head

Quote:
Originally Posted by malbert73 View Post
Raritan Elegance. The best. Enough said. [emoji3] Do an internet search if you don’t believe me.

Th e Raritan Marine Elegance Raritan Marine_Elegance Promo.pdf is Practical Sailor's top-rated macerating electric toilet...the Raritan SeaEra Raritan SeaEra Promo Sheet available as either a complete toilet or the "conversion" kit (everything but the bowl, seat and lid) is a close 2nd.

--Peggie
peghall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 08:29   #32
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Elan 45 impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by peghall View Post
An "overflow" would be illegal in the US. And a tank level monitor with lock-out that prevents flushing the toilet would be better choice...otoh, locking down the toilet may not be the best idea on a boat in charter.

--Peggie
is this in USA legal https://youtu.be/VrUVLpFaUoM
who control all boat in USA with 10-20 gallon wastewater in a couple day or week. what you have coast guard every 200 ft of US territorial water.
more is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 15:13   #33
Marine Service Provider

Don't get me started on US sewer systems... Yes, that's legal because so many major cities have outgrown their sewage systems and/or allowed them to fall into such disrepair that they can't afford to update or even maintain them that the EPA has issued waivers allowing them to operate and overflow without penalty. But let one li'l boat owner get caught flushing the toilet on his boat directly overboard and that state's law enforcement--which may or may not include the USCG--comes down on him with a huge fine.

The irony in all this is, those same sewage systems are where most of the waste pumped out of holding tanks goes...to be discharged untreated into the waters they claim that NDzs protect the next time it rains.

Y'all can continue to beat this to death if you want to...I've said my piece and am bowing out.

--Peggie
peghall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 15:35   #34

Boat: St Francis 48Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstreep View Post
Not a tough project, at all. While you are in there running plumbing, put in one of these:

https://biobidet.com/collections/bid...ucts/bb270_duo
I have just started reading through this and was actually going to suggest the same thing as it virtually cuts out (or certainly reduces a lot) the paper used. I also prefer stainless pans as they are a lot lighter and won't chip or crack if under stress.
Heath68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 18:21   #35

Boat: Beneteau, Oceanis 50 G5

Yes, Peggie, there are several reasons to avoid charter boats - their toilets are one reason

The overflow is surprising - especially as its a European boat, but I see other European brands (such as that charter boat) with overflows too.

Ours I just consider a big vent.

Tags
electric, head