Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-11-2015, 11:25   #1

Boat: Van de Stadt 44 #393 Aluminium
CER Broyeur Marine Toilet intake not working

Hello, one of my heads has an electric CER Broyeur toilet.

The toilet flushes out, but the intake of water does not work, so I have to manually add water to it after each use.

As it is probably from the 80s or 90s, I could not find any info online on this toilet, nor this brand CER Broyeur, which I would assume is french due to the name, but there are references to it in Germany, Italy, Netherlands...

Does anyone knows this brand, if they were acquired by another brand, and where can I get schematics of how it works in order to troubleshooting it?

Best,

Gus
gtpinhei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 13:57   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: CER Broyeur Marine Toilet intake not working

I found them...they are French. Their website is disabled, an indication that they may be out of business. I found what appears to be a dealer for them--or maybe the current mfr--in the Netherlands who IS still in business...this is a link to a Google translation of their site:

https://translate.googleusercontent....3-Yeh002j7hyDw

It includes contact info and the last item on the menu list on the left side of the page is "repair." I'd never heard of this company before, but in looking at photos of the innards, it appears to be similar to the Sanimarin, also a French company that is still in business.

I hope you'll get back to us after you contact them, 'cuz I'm really curious to know what you learn about them!
peghall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 14:15   #3
Marine Service Provider

After spending a little more time prowling that site I MAY know what your problem is: these toilets seem to be designed to use onboard pressurized flush water instead of sea water...which would mean they have no intake pump, but instead are teed into the cold water line in your fresh water system, using a solenoid valve wired to the flush button that acts as a "faucet,"--opening to allow flush water in, closing to stop it.

If you already knew that much, it's possible that the solenoid valve has failed...those don't have to be brand specific and are available from a number of sources. Or, one of your boat's POs may have wanted it to use sea water...in which case a remote intake pump, some tubing and some changes to the wiring would be needed. Check for that and to see if needs replacing (Jabsco washdown pump would work for that), or maybe just a new impeller.

That's the best I can do for you till I know more of the specifics of your particular toilet. Hope it helps.
peghall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 15:08   #4

Boat: Van de Stadt 44 #393 Aluminium

Thanks Peghall, I really appreciate sharing your knowledge.

You are right about the water intake coming from the freshwater system, I reviewed my water lines and indeed it is coming from my freshwater system, not the seawater.

I will verify the solenoid later this week as I take it out and run some tests to check it out if it is the issue, probably yes as the rest of the system seems to be running fine.

I will update as I advance on diagnostics and solutions.

Best regards,

Gus
gtpinhei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marine, oil