Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-05-2016, 11:08   #16

Re: Bilge Pump advise

Not a direct answer to your question, but if you're thinking of using these pumps for flooding emergencies as well as routine bilge pumping, take a look at this calculator, which will show you how much water will enter through a hole in the boat of a given size and depth below waterline. If you haven't already done such calculations, you might be surprised at how much pumping capacity you really need to deal with even a small hole.

-- Seneca
KISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2016, 09:21   #17

Boat: 36' 2001 Fortuna Island Spirit Catamaran
Re: Bilge Pump advise

Quote:
Originally Posted by KISS View Post
Not a direct answer to your question, but if you're thinking of using these pumps for flooding emergencies as well as routine bilge pumping, take a look at this calculator, which will show you how much water will enter through a hole in the boat of a given size and depth below waterline. If you haven't already done such calculations, you might be surprised at how much pumping capacity you really need to deal with even a small hole.
Thanks. The 2000s should be fine for my size.. bigger and the battery would just drain in most times anyways. I plan to have an alarm and I live only a few miles from the boat and hope to eventually hook it to cell data combined with entry alarm as its been broke into twice.

For the daily I didnt need 1100s and had planned to get just 500s or so, but I found a deal on 1100s for only a few dollars more.

Tags
bilge, bilge pump