Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-12-2007, 20:09   #1

Boat: Privilege 39
Best performance from freezer with Dixell programmable tstat?

Our 12VDC freezer is an air cooled model by Technautics (Coastal 12 I believe) with a very nice Dixell XR120C programmable thermostat. It's working great, after figuring out why the freezer was running all the time - PO had for some reason disconnected the fancy thermostat and jumpered the terminal block so the compressor would run 100% when powered!

I was wondering if anyone else with a somewhat similar system has figured out what works best for them in programming the XR120C or similar. I reset most of the parameters to the defaults (they were set to some pretty nonsensical values), with a set point of 5 degrees Fahrenheit / differential 2.

I'm really impressed with the Dixell thermostat, it's pretty much impossible to figure out without the manual, but manuals are fortunately readily available online.
scotte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freezer