Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-05-2014, 11:34   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Camper Nicholson 44 Ketch
Beneteau 50 sanitation hose

Hi,

I am working on a Beneteau 50 that has gravity dump holding tanks, that with large diameter hose directly to a thru-hole. It looks to be 102mm hose, but I want to verify before ordering the hose. Does anyone have this setup, and confirm the hose side for the discharge line?

Thanks,
Chris
witzgall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 03:06   #2

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis
Re: Beneteau 50 sanitation hose

Hi Chris,

just found your thread. We're having a similar problem for our Oceanis 40 and only were able to verify and source that large diameter hose (ours is 70mm on outside) through a Beneteau dealer. Problem was that the cost of sending 1m of the hose was too much (EUR 84!), so we tried to find alternative sources. Unfortunately most marine shops only offer hoses up to a diameter of 38mm, so I am wondering where you get/got your hose from.

cheers.
sailabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2014, 17:52   #3

Boat: Beneteau 473

Now I'm just coming across this..I have a Beneteau 473 with the same issue. I haven't measured the hose yet but it looks like 3-3.5 inches.
Have you solved the problem yet?

Thanks
SilentOption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2014, 10:15   #4

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis

I found the manufacturer of the hose Merlett, Italy (Merlett Tecnoplastic S.p.A. - Leader nella produzione di tubi flessibili in plastica) - Unfortunately they don't do retail (in normal circumstances) and they couldn't tell me anyone who retails their sanitary pipe!

Merlett did say that if I contacted their help desk via email I could request a few meters.. which I have done without any reply but I will call them in the next few days and see if I get anywhere.

I talked to one of their sales staff: Piera Scandroglio <piera.scandroglio@merlett.it>, and he suggested I try merlett-fr@wanadoo.fr

We have 2 pipes from the Jabsco but all the main pipes in our Oceanis are from this company - yea dam - they aren't very user friendly

1.07 meters Vacupress Waste Odourless -25 C +60C Vaccum 9m H20 Made in Italy
External diameter 70mm,
Pipe wall thickness 7mm
= ?56mm bore?

1.5 Meters Vacupress Waste Odourless -25 C +60C Vaccum 9m H20 Made in Italy
External diameter 50mm
Pipe wall thickness 6mm? or 7mm?
Internal bore? 38mm?
sailabroad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beneteau