Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2022, 10:39   #1

Boat: Creekmore 45 cutter
Aqua Marine Watermaker

I’m having an issue with my Aqua Marine watermaker and attempted to call the company, but the number has been disconnected. Does anyone have any information on where they went, did someone take over? I’m looking for a new membrane. I started it up today and was about to turn it over to the tank with a reading just above 400 and suddenly the TDS reading was 700-800ppm and wouldn’t come down after 15 minutes of running. Everything else seemed to be working fine…..the motors, GPH reading, output flow, etc. I only assume the membrane failed. Any ideas, suggestions? Thank you!
sailorfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 11:06   #2

Boat: Jeanneau SO469
Re: Aqua Marine Watermaker

Many watermakers use standard 3M filmtec membranes. I would try to look inside for a part number or measure it and compare to what’s available.
Peeew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 12:10   #3

Boat: Creekmore 45 cutter
Re: Aqua Marine Watermaker

Thank you Peeew. I have just finished watching a couple of YouTube videos by Rich on CruiseRO Watermakers (which are very good, by the way). Sounds like you are correct…just have to measure the length and diameter. The membrane is over 17 years old….just wonder if there is still a label on it!
sailorfred is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marine, water, watermaker