Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-03-2021, 00:09   #1

Boat: Roberts 58' Cutter Rig Ketch
Any feedback on Seawater Pro desalinators?

Hi All,
New to this, but seeking advice / feedback from anyone that has a Seawater Pro desalinator?

All I have seen has been positive, but limited sample found. Thought I would put it out to this community.

"Life is what happens to you while your busy making other plans" John Lennon
Docker Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2021, 13:55   #2

Boat: Dean 365
Re: Any feedback on Seawater Pro desalinators?

I installed a 115v dual membrane unit with no remote on my catamaran last summer. It was a fun project. All of the parts are standard "off the shelf" and of good quality. I have not had mine out in the ocean yet, but in the brackish St. Johns River it works as it is supposed to. It yields good water, but the pressures are much lower and the pre-filters clog up pretty quick. I expect to get a leak or two the first time I have to crank up the pressure in real salt water.

Mike (Seawater Pro Owner) is great. He answered his phone and my questions every time I called and encouraged me to call again if needed. The instructions provided were good and my questions were specific to my installation - like is it OK to mount the membranes vertically (it is).

The hardest part is figuring out where to put the pieces. It is much quieter than I was expecting it to be. It certainly makes noise, but is not bad and at 35 or 40 gallons per hour it won't be running long each time.

I am pleased with everything so far.
Meandercp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2021, 17:32   #3

Hi Meandercp thanks for the response on this. I have seen a number of comments regarding Mike's customer service. Interested in the water quality and production that you mentioned. Much appreciated.
dd
Old 06-04-2021, 05:38   #4
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: FP Athena 38' Poerava

Where are you located Docker Don? Mikes shop is right behind mine. Mike is a great guy.
Tellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 17:09   #5

Hi Tellie, Thanks for the reply. We are in Fremantle Australia. Not sure if you guys service Australia??
Old 07-04-2021, 06:07   #6
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: FP Athena 38' Poerava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker Don View Post
Hi Tellie, Thanks for the reply. We are in Fremantle Australia. Not sure if you guys service Australia??

I'm sure Mike will get a unit to Australia as he's looking to expand everywhere. Of course shipping costs are always a pain. But Mikes a great guy and you are in good hands with him. Let me know if I can help in anyway as Mike and I work together with our customers and help each other out the best we can. Let me know what unit you might be looking at and we'll see if we can't make it work.
Tellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 17:52   #7

Talking Re: Any feedback on Seawater Pro desalinators?

Hi Tellie,
I appreciate your assistance. I believe Mike now has an agent in Australia that I am now in touch with.

Great to know there are so many generous and helpful members on this Forum. We are after a dual membrane 240 volt with control panel.

Thanks

Don

Tags
water