Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-09-2019, 21:18   #1

Boat: Custom built, 38 ft.
Albin Pump electric head

Has anyone seen these new heads from Albin Pump?

https://albinpumpmarine.com/product/...-electric-24v/

I have been planing on buying a Raritan Elegance, based on the many good reviews, but one of these popped up on my search browser and I figured I'd ask if anyone had seen one. Typically 'made in Sweden' is a sign on good quality.
Mr. Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2019, 07:07   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: Albin Pump electric head

Albin toilets appear to be clones of Jabsco toilets...every model is identical to a Jabsco and they even say their toilets are "plug and play" replacements for Jabsco. They may be a Swedish company, but according to their website "We develop our products in Sweden and manufacture with partners around the world." That doesn't sound like they actually make them in Sweden. Plus, they're brand new on the market, which means they don't have a track record yet so it's impossible to know their quality/longterm reliability/durability yet.

Johnson Pump is another Swedish company that also offers clones of Jabsco toilets...they do have a track record of being somewhat higher quality/durability than Jabsco, but nowhere near that of Raritan who's been around since the 1960s with products that are always top-rated and who still makes all their products in the US. They introduced the Marine Elegance 10 years ago. Practical Sailor rated it "best in show" in a review of macerating electric toilets a few years ago and I've yet to see or hear from anyone who has one--many for several years--who doesn't love it. I know of two retailers who have it for about $700 INCLUDING the optional $150 Smartflush panel. Boatersland Marine Elegance Hopkins Carter Marine Raritan Marine Elegance

That's my $.02 worth...but it's your boat and your money.

--Peggie
peghall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2019, 20:32   #3

Boat: Custom built, 38 ft.
Re: Albin Pump electric head

Thanks Peggie, because of yours and others consistently good reviews I still plan to buy the Raritan, but figured I'd ask.

Thanks,
Matt
Mr. Matt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, head, pump