Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-11-2019, 17:57   #1
cruiser

Boat: Solaris Sunrise Sport 36’
2” sanitation hose

Greetings all,

I am in the process of installing all new heads, tanks, valves, hoses, etc. I am using Trident 102 1.5” hose for much of it but I am in search of some 2” ID hose for one section about 8 feet in length. I cannot seem to fond it through any of the usual suppliers. I have found some 1-7/8” but no 2”. Any thoughts, ideas, or leads will be much appreciated. Hard pipe in this location is not an option or I would have chosen that path.

Safe Journeys,
~Jake
Jahwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2019, 18:27   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: 2” sanitation hose

I'm curious as to why you would want to step up the hose size for a certain section of the system.
That will just allow a dead spot in the flow to a tank or overboard ,due to being able to push air or a void at that point ,reducing the efficiency of the toilets discharge motor or pump or whatever you're using.. what is the reason you want to put 2 inch in??
King shyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2019, 18:47   #3
cruiser

Hola,

It is the lowest point, in this case the outlet, of my newly designed gravity drain system. No pumps, Y valves, macerators, etc. My head will discharge into the top of the tank, which I have mounted approx. 2’ above the waterline. We are a sailing catamaran so angle of heel is of little to no concern in my case, I have all of my fittings-vents, pump-out, 4” clean out access port, and inlet from head on the top and of the usual 1.5” variety, except the aforementioned 4” access. However to reduce the chances of clogging, the gravity drain fitting is a two inch exterior slip fitting(nipple)which I had attached via spin welding so that 2” ID hose can be double clamped to it and then attached directly to my below waterline thru-hull for discharge. This will minimize my hose connections below the tanks potential storage level.

I have found a supplier of butyl hose from the Uk in 50mm, which will work in my application if need be. Just curious if anyone knows of any other options.

~Jake
Old 15-11-2019, 19:10   #4
Marine Service Provider

All right there is a 2in PVC Smooth Wall white sanitation hose that is available from Green Line in British Columbia Canada so I know they make it ,being in the industry. If you are strictly Gravity from the tank to overboard there's no reason why you can't use a 2-inch good quality black rubber hose which is used for engine pickups or whatever .it's not going to permeate or deteriorate because of the waste.
Have been accused of promoting a product or my business here for some reason I joined strictly to help the members are out and answer some questions. for so I don't need the confrontational troubles. if you have any questions please let me know real quick cuz I will be unregistering.
See what happens when you try to do a good deed nowadays. what the hell's up with that??
Old 15-11-2019, 19:13   #5
cruiser

I am sorry to hear of you troubles and sad to see you leave. I do appreciate the help you have provided and I will check out the hose from BC. Since I am in Seattle that would be much closer for me than the UK.

Thanks again and safe Journeys to you,
~Jake
Old 15-11-2019, 19:17   #6
Marine Service Provider

Yes it's a company called Green Line. it's in Vancouver and I believe they have a outlet in Surrey or Langley as well. I just bought some 2-inch sanitation hose which is about a mid-grade good quality hose. I use their hose often ,only the inch-and-a-half usually .but they do have two inch. Cheers hope it helps
Old 15-11-2019, 19:20   #7
Marine Service Provider

I mention the name of the place that has it .hopefully they don't deny from being posted here. never come across a Marine forum quite like this one.
They usually I'm happy to let someone how about others.
Old 15-11-2019, 19:23   #8
cruiser

That is exactly what I needed. I just found there website and will confirm my needed length tomorrow at the boat before I place my order. Much cheaper and I think a better hose for my application than the stuff I found in the UK. Also much cheaper with the shipping difference.

Thanks again,
~Jake
Old 15-11-2019, 19:25   #9

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'

Quote:
Originally Posted by King shyt View Post
All right there is a 2in PVC Smooth Wall white sanitation hose that is available from Green Line in British Columbia Canada so I know they make it ,being in the industry. If you are strictly Gravity from the tank to overboard there's no reason why you can't use a 2-inch good quality black rubber hose which is used for engine pickups or whatever .it's not going to permeate or deteriorate because of the waste.
Have been accused of promoting a product or my business here for some reason I joined strictly to help the members are out and answer some questions. for so I don't need the confrontational troubles. if you have any questions please let me know real quick cuz I will be unregistering.
See what happens when you try to do a good deed nowadays. what the hell's up with that??
Sadly you are not the first to achieve that outcome, to the forum's detriment.

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2019, 19:33   #10
Marine Service Provider

Good to hear. glad I could be of help .cheers.
Old 15-11-2019, 19:38   #11
Marine Service Provider

What I can't figure out is what good is the forum, if they don't want us to help each other out. Its first time I've ever come across this on any boating forum I've ever been on . Usually they welcome experienced and knowledgeable help.